Dei and Lief

PART 1: THE MEETING (Chapter 22):

I roll my eyes, moving away from where Chase and Alastor are dancing.

Dating is overrated.

I start back to the twisting halls castle, but run into someone, a drink sloshing over my shirt as they stumble.

"Hey--" I grab their arm before they can fall, scowling. "What was that--"

Oh, fuck.

My eyes are stuck, lost in the swirling colors in his eyes. It's him. The one I'm Bound to. Finally.

 His eyes widen, then he shoves me away, turning away, then looking back at me to glare.

"Where have you been?" He snaps. "Do you know how--" His voice breaks. "I thought it wasn't--I didn't feel it, I haven't seen you--"

"I didn't--" He sounds angry and sad at the same time, and I hate that he's feeling that towards me. "I'm sorry. I've been distracted--"

"From trying to find me?"

"I'm sorry." I murmur. His fingers clench, but he lets out a breath after a moment, meeting my eyes, cautious.

"No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have...I'm sorry."

"What...What's your name?"

"Lief." I take him in. He's smaller than me, slim and fidgety. His blond hair hangs in his beautiful eyes, and he pushes it out of the way, cheeks flushing when he realizes I'm absolutely checking him out. "What's your name?"

"Dei." My fingers itch to touch him. "I've been oddly busy today. I was at dinner though. Just a little late."

"I left after I saw you weren't there." He admits. "I just...was so sure it was going to happen today, but everyone else has already found theirs."

"I know." I link my fingers through his, and after a moment, he relaxes. He looks up at me, eyes wide. "I'm sorry."

He bites his lip, thinking, eyes flicking to where all the others are, before turning back to me. "Can you show me how sorry?"

My lips lift. "Oh, I definitely can."

-------

The walk back to the rooms takes a fairly long time, but we talk the whole time, grinning at each other, fingers interlocked.

His room is big, but the only thing we're focused on is the bed.

"Oh." He breathes when I press him back into the blanket. My lips press against his, hands sliding up his wrists to link my fingers through his.

He kisses in different ways, each intoxicating and fascinating.

He kisses me first like it's a game, fingers playing with my hair, body pressing into mine, teasing. He lets out a soft sigh when my hands push his shirt up, body arching into me. Then it gets more serious, deeper, heated, and his fingers fist my hair as I dig my hands into his hips.

"More." He tells me, reaching to push my pants down.

He watches me strip, eyes trailing over my body. I love the way he gazes at me, lips tugging up when I sit back, and heat fills my body as his eyes drop lower.

"Turn." He tells me, pushing himself up. It's not exactly an order, but I turn around, shivering when he slides behind me, hand pressing between my wings. His lips press to my skin between the base of them.

I let out a soft gasp when he runs his fingers over the feathers. "Lief--"

"Hm?" His runs his thumbs over the ridges, and I groan, fingers curling in the blanket to keep from grabbing him and fucking him hard. "It feels good?"