4- Home or is it..

Ezena's POV

The ox spirit owner, Hatsuharu Sohma is one of the rebellious ones. His Dark side is hard to control yet I am sure Rin can do that. I still can't believe that Kureno-nii actually rescued Rin-nii from the cat's house. Let's be honest. That was totally unexpected from him but again Kureno-nii is a kindhearted person. Not like Ren and Akito.

Every Zodiac member was different from each other. Each and every one of us had different perspectives and preferences. Hatsuharu is younger than Rin-nii but a lot more matured and understanding that Rin-nii ever will be. I am not saying that Isuzu Sohma is immatured but she is not matured than Haru. Haru is calm and calculating,... well minus his dark Haru side but Rin-nii is not like that. She wants to do things she knows are impossible to solve without proper knowledge yet she does that.

Her trust on that Ren led her to getting in hospital once again. I still don't know  how she wasn't able to understand that Ren is lying about knowing how to break the curse. And what is it about that box? Any sane person would  understand that the damned thing is empty. Like seriously?

You're being nosy. My conscience said as I grimaced. You know things you should not know right now. Like so what? What will happen? I rolled my eyes as I looked away.

I let out a sigh as I turned around and started running away, only this time not going towards the exit of the Sohma Estate but towards my house. My old room. In that room there are few old books that tell about the curse. When I was very young I remember that I used to visit the cat's house secretly in order to explore. That is where I found those books. I liked reading and I still do. But I never read (past tense) the books as I found them uninteresting. Now that I think about it, they may have answers I am looking for. No... not just me but every other Zodiac Members as well.

At this time, neither dad nor mom will be at home. We have maids who only come on weekends. Therefore no one is there and Kureno-nii is still at Akito's place. I pulled out a key and opened the main door. Thankfully I still have it and carry it around. I stole it while leaving the house thinking it might come to be useful and it is. I walked up the stairs to enter the 1st floor hallway as I opened the door to my room.

Everything was in their own place as I left them. My bed at the corner and the study table and chair and the cupboard. My book shelf and the books, my paintings and that globe on my bed as I left it before leaving. The closed curtain of my room. It felt like.. like home yet it didn't. Surprisingly everything was clean and there was no choking air in the room. It is as if, my room had been cleaned on intervals. Else no room would be clean for five years without cleaning.

My eyes diverted to the picture on my dressing table. The picture of me, mom, dad and Kureno-nii. My dressing table had nothing except a comb, my favorite perfume; which by the way has expired by now and a lipstick, which was also expired. The lipstick was the only thing in the makeup category that I ever owned till this date. I mean I get that people like to do makeup but not everyone is same.

I approached my bookshelf as I took a glance at all the books. None of them has been misplaced, if my memory serves me right. Pulling out a few books  I looked at the book that I was looking for. It was as old as Ren Sohma with the beauty as Isuzu Sohma. The book, I think it belonged to the previous Cat owner, that was Master's grandfather.

I haven't met any of the Zodiac members personally for more than 5 years and not to lie I miss all of them. Except the dog. I never really liked the dog. Shigure-nii is nice as a person but I don't like the things he does for Akito. Other than that I have nothing against him. Hatsuharu, I always liked him. Like not romantically but as a brother. He was nice, caring, kind and gentle. Isuzu was no different but she was just more aggressive. The funny thing is I was never close to any of the Zodiac members except Kureno-nii and Kyo-nii.

I read a few pages from the book but nothing was extraordinary. That is why I went through it all at once only to find writings with the animal Zodiacs pictures. It was some sorta tale if I am not wrong. Gotta read this. Now let's go back to my apartment.

I went down the stairs as I halted on my steps all of a sudden. My brother's room. I was in a hesitant mind if I should enter or not. Will entering his room disrupt his privacy. Or... do I still have the right to enter his room unannounced. I finally came to a conclusion as I thought how I may never meet him again. Let's atleast take a look at his room. Bit**! I was acting crazy. But whatever!

I walked towards his room door as I opened the door with a quick turn of the doorknob. As I entered I glanced quickly at everything present there. Not much difference was there in these five years. I closed the door behind me as I took a proper look this time.

All of a sudden I heard a noise.

Click!

I quickly turned around only to meet eyes with.. my brother. His yellowish orange eyes staring at me, them widened as he looked at me shocked. My eyes widened as well as I internally screamed for not hearing the main door open. Kureno-nii...

No shit! What am I supposed to do now? Run away from him? Hug him? Or knock him out so that it seems like he was having a dream. What the hell am I supposed to do?!?!

"E-Ezena," I heard him whisper.

🐺🐺🐺

Well they finally meet again. Damn! I was waiting when I finally be able to write this and next part.

Hoping you would like it 😀