13- Preparation for Repenting

Please check out my other work in my profile. Please show some support. I will be really grateful🥺

Ezena POV

"Ms. Sohma, the patient, Kureno Sohma is now awake and has been already shifted to general bed. You can meet him after some time," a nurse told me as I gave a mere nod. She was about to walk off when I stopped her, "A patient named Tohru... Tohru Honda. How is she? Can you let me know?". "I will check right now. Please wait here for a while," the nurse said, walking away.

I waited for a few minutes before the nurse came back. She said, " Miss Honda is now awake. You can meet her later after she is shifted to general bed,"  I let out another sigh of relief. That woman is no joke! She is really a strong woman. From what I have heard and known about Tohru, she went through a lot yet she fought on.

And that made my respect for her grow even more. She is a very positive personality afterall, someone who sees everybody nicely. But this trait of hers, also has their pros and cons.

Pushing Tohru's thought aside for the moment, I walked towards the reception to find the number of the room where my brother was. Let's see where he is. My brother. What surprised me was I saw Akito walk past me. The hell? I did not bother this time but just made my way to the reception.

Getting the room number from the reception, I made my way to that room. The monotone colour not really affecting me now. Like why should it? The former rooster and the optimistic one are awake now.

I knocked on the room door to announce my presence. I pushed the door, entering the room. The moment I stepped in the room, I saw Kureno-nii's eyes staring right at mine. I bowed once in greeting while he gestured me to go near him.

I walked upto him and sat on the stool present there. I kept my hand on his head, rubbing them softly and running my fingers through his hair in a comforting gesture.

"How are you feeling now? Is your back paining?" I questioned, knowing very well he will need crutches to walk. He softly whispered, "I am feeling better. There is a soft pain in my back. Don't worry it will get better soon."

I could only nod at his words, and then I followed that by saying, "I- I did something which I shouldn't have. How do I repent it?". It was more of a question directed towards myself rather than him.

He just softly smiled, saying, "That's okay. What matters is that you understood you were wrong. I wouldn't ask you what you did because I trust you, Ezena. All I would say is to listen to what your heart says and follow it. And go with the flow."

I gave another nod and asked, "Do you know that Tohru was in the ICU a few moments back?". His eyes widened momentarily as I sighed. I looked down, preparing myself for telling what all happened and how far I remember.

But first things first. "M-My c-curse broke," there, I said it. A tear slipped past my eye while I heard a soft whisper, "How? When?".

The next half an hour went on with me explaining how I got to know he was stabbed. How I in anger physically abused Akito in the name of revenge. How I felt when the curse broke. How Tohru fell of the cliff and everything else. I also mentioned that Kagura-nee came to visit.

After my little story all I heard was, "Ezena, I am proud of you. I know harming someone is a sin but you did it out of revenge. Revenge is not good but what Akito did was also not good. Think of your actions as a punishment for all of Akito's sins. And next, only you know what you will do."

I felt my heavy heart lighten up and I smiled softly, pulling him in a soft embrace makimg sure not to hurt her.
I said, pulling back, "I-I have decided something. I will tell that when I come to meet you later. But for now there is something I need to get done."

He nodded in approval, dismissing me after hugging me once more. I walked out of the room, and stood there seeing Akito. Her eyes all of a sudden flickered in fear seeing me. But this time I did not feel the satisfaction seeing her fear. Without saying anything, I walked away from her, knowing that she won't harm Kureno-nii.

I just knew that. The woman who had fear for me wouldn't dare harming my brother again. As much as I am ashamed and guilty of my actions, I would never hesitate to go back to my violent means if my close ones get hurt.

This time, I once again walked to the reception to ask where Tohru is. I kind of felt like I will be the first one to visit her after she woke up but again I am not sure. I wonder is Kyo-nii is here to see his little love.

Knowing the cat, it is easy to guess that he will not come. He will most probably blame himself for Tohru's condition from what I heard from Momiji. Momiji told that Tohru had confessed to Kyo but Kyo said some harsh words, rejecting her.

I think Kyo is still thinking about how Tohru's mother, Mrs. Honda passed away and he could not do anything to save her. I know this because I was passing by from that area that day and saw the whole incident.

It is most likely that he is still stuck up by the guilt and on top Tohru being in hospital bed, did not really help the situation at all. Not that I can blame anyone for a matter of fact. The moment I saw Mrs. Honda's picture today morning in her room, I just knew that she was the same lady from that day.

I quickly asked the receptionist about Tohru's room number and then made my way towards the room...

🐺🐺🐺

I am really sorry for no updates. I will be away for a while for my exams and the grand carnival in my school. I will try to update in between. Next one will be longer I promise.