16- Departure

Here's a recap to everything that has happened last chapter- It was the final banquet where Akito presents herself as her true gender. Ezena is shocked at the scence and takes her time to regain back her composure. After Akito's speech, Ezena apologizes for whatever she has done and plans to live her life happily.

Ezena's POV

My footsteps were almost at a constant pace. I made sure to keep my head up high but another pair of footsteps made me turn around. "Ezena-nee... are you going to leave the country?" the voice of Kisa rang out in my ears.

I really wasn't expecting her to come after me and not the question itself. I wonder how she came to think of that. "No Kisa, I won't leave the country well atleast for now. Kisa, you will not see me that often from now on. That is why, I wish you best of luck. Take care okay? And when you finally feel like you are ready, don't be afraid to take the necessary steps," I softly said and patted her head.

"Now go in, Hiro must be getting worried. Goodbye, Kisa". With that I turned around and started walking away as a soft Bye- bye, hit my ears.

I made my way out of the estate and towards my apartment. I don't know... maybe I will move to another part of tbe country and study there... or maybe go abroad. Now that the curse has broken, I am free to travel anywhere.

Or should I just continue my studies here and graduate and then leave... ARGH! I am so confused!! I gritted my teeth and pulled out my student ID. I stared at it for a while and groaned. Transfer is too much trouble.. I will just finish my graduation and then move...

A few days later I got news of what everyone wanted to do. Therefore, I tried my best to make some sweet words for goodbye. I failed miserably though but finally resorted to just accompanying them to the stations and gave them lunch boxes.

Momiji suffered from a heartbreak which made me almost pity him. One sided love is sad, I know that. I tried to somehow console him but I ended up making things worse.

Regardless, a confession surprised me. Kagura-nee told that she would like to travel herself and find the 'love' of her life since Tohru snatched her 'true love' away. I could only sweatdrop and wished her best of luck.

Those things happened a few weeks back. Thinking about all those incidents make me feel sad yet happy. Guess... life is full of ups and downs. It is a common thing to know. But whoever said that, "Art of life is to enjoy little much and endure very much," was truthful. His words couldn't be more truer...

One Year Later

A year had passed by just like that. My graduation ceremony was just a few days back and Momiji, Hatsuharu had also graduated.

The past year I tried not to make much contact with the former zodiacs except my brother and Momiji. Besides the two that I would've talked to, aka, Yuki-nii and Kyo-nii, they all shifted to some other place. The best I could do was exchange some post cards.

Other than that, I heard others are pretty much fine. Kureno-nii and Arisa-nee had finally started dating, Yuki-nii and Machi are still at their weird shy shy phase... nevermind them.

Kyo-nii amd Tohru are doing well and Kyo-nii got a lot gentle.. like that was obvious. Master is planning to hand over the Dojo to Kyo-nii. Ayame-nii is dating his assistant... yeah that CEO and PA trope... Shockingly even Akito is dating Shigure-nii. Saw that coming. Hotori-nii also found himself a lover, finally.

Even the two kids are dating -_- Kagura-nee and Momiji are doing well. Ritsu-nii also found himself a partner. And Hatsuharu and Rin-nii are going strong.

I softly smiled at the thoughts and started packing my things. Yes, I have decided something. I am going abroad. I will move there amd finish my college life abroad only. After a lot of thinking, I decided to take this decision.

I heard a soft sigh and I chuckled. "I can't believe I am following you to Germany," the person who relaxed on the floor, slumped said. "I never told you to follow me, now did I Momiji?" I questioned.

The person, Momiji, in turn grumbled but then soon grinned. "Well yeah, so let's do it together okay Ezena?" I simply nodded and grinned back. We are leaving tomorrow... I will miss some of them. My parents as well and of course all the memories, good or bad that I have left behind...

Spoiler
Germany

"Is that you Ezena?" my eyes widened and the familiar person who stood infront of me. Louis, my ex and the person who almost destroyed my career. My breath hitched as some of the memories came flashing back.

"DAMN YOU! YOU DARE DISRESPECT ME!" he shouted while I felt myself freeze in my tracks. My hands trembled and curled into fists while I felt my animalistic instincts grow along with anger at the voices coming inside from the room.

Momiji looked at us confused and Louis' gaze shifted to my right hand which was clasping Momiji's. I simply stood there silently while Momiji and Louis glared at each other without moving at all.. as if they suddenly found themselves in between a cold war....