12- A Part Of Past; Who Am I?

Ezena's POV

Twelve, almost turning thirteen, that was how old I was when I banished from the household. Now sitting in the hospital, it is as if all my memories are coming back flooding to my mind. I think this is what the monotone colour and the same sort of sound does to your mind. You just think back to the past. I will never forget the day I was banished. Never!

No, not beacuse of revenge but because it is out of pain for being betrayed. I am called the betrayer... but am I really the one? Was I ever? All I tried to do was to learn more and bring out the truth to everyone. I never had a problem with any gender and nor will I ever have. But the least Akito could've done was to tell the other zodiacs atleast. Why hide from them? Would they have hurt her? I don't know about that. Instead she tortured the Zodiacs. Just because of her petty ego and stupid anger.

I wasn't any better now that I think about it. I tried fighting for others, to keep them safe, the younger ones specially. But I failed!! The bloody situation that made me get called a betrayer, a traitor, a disgusting woman, a rogue, a petty rebel and so many names more. And the only person who did not look at me in any negative way was my brother.

My parents however kept their calm. They told me to go and stay with my mom's mother. My mother initially was not a Sohma so she was from outside. I being egoistic, I refuted but somehow I was forced to go and stay with grandmother. No, I never regretted it. She was extremely kind, caring and loving. She one day found about me being a Zodiac when I turned into a wolf beacuse I fell sick. Nonetheless, she never looked at me with disgust, instead kindly accepted me for myself.

Just a few months back she passed away due to rather sick health but I never showed myself to my parents or brother when they came for funeral. The house maid informed them about her death.

Before dying she just told me some loving and important words, "Ezena, my child, remember that this old grandma of yours will always be there for you no matter the situation. Life is hard. I know that. What happened with you was not fair. But you also need to understand that what happened with the head of Sohma's was also cruelty. I know she did more cruelty but forgiveness is a part of human nature my dear. I just want you to be happy and reunite with your family soon," and with that, she took her last breath.

Seeing her die infront of my eyes, I knew that I lost one more caring person in my life. And that view reminded me of the bloody incident once again. All I wanted was to get closure. But I did not get it, never once before.

I am really worse than Akito. Taking advantage of her situation... I am really the worst one. But is this the thing that was taught to me? Who have I become? Who will help me rectify it? Who am I?

Flashback-

3rd Person POV

"You know Akito, the wolf zodiac has rather been close with the cat," the voice of a person rang out in Akito's ears who looked at the person horrified. "The cat and the wolf has been really close. I often see the cat carrying the wolf back to her house after their training," the person added fuel to the fire while Akito cluthched her head.

"NO- NO!! THIS CAN'T HAPPEN! THOSE TWO ARE MINE! NOT EACH OTHER'S!!" Akito shouted while the other person only chuckled, looking out of the window. "I have heard rumors that the wolf has also been close with rabbit perhaps," the words of this person kept on adding fuel to the fire.

The person chuckled softly before saying, "I think it is a trait in Ezena to attract people towards herself. Even Hatori, Ayame and Ritsu are really attracted to her. Did I mention that the younger zodiacs are also attracted to her? Even I am really liking Ezena. I mean she is really pretty for a twelve year old".