6- The Damned Rabbit

Ezena's POV

It was quite unexpected that I would come to meet Momiji at a random park unintentionally. The fuck!! How did he grow so tall? Last time I checked, he was shorter than me!! Did he undergo a serious hormonal change or what? Hold on... something is off about him.

"Ezena-san... is that you?," he asked as I said, "Who is Ezena? I am not her," alright... that was dumb of me to tell. Like who wouldn't understand in the Sohma family that this is me. I mean I haven't undergone much of a change rather than my height and voice due to adolescence and puberty.

"Stop lying Ezena-san. I know it is you! Where have you been all these years?" he asked as I said, "That is something I can't answer Momiji. Tell me more. Something is off about you."

"W-what do you mean by off? Nothing is wrong with me," Momiji said as I sighed.

"I can feel that the rabbit ia no longer in you. Tell me... your curse broke right?" I asked bluntly as he looked away by turning his head at a side. "I would take that as a yes. How did it break Momiji?" I asked.

"I seriously don't know. It broke all of a sudden... I-I don't know ," he whispered at the end as I sighed. This is not going to take me anywhere.

"Do you want to stay by Akito's side?" I asked blatantly as he looked at me in confusion. "Go ahead... answer me Momiji," I told him as he said. His voice soft, "I want to be free. I wanted to become someone whom mama and Momo would consider as their family. I don't want to stay beside Akito-san. I want to see the world...".

.... it doesn't makes sense. Not at all! Or does it?

"Have you met any of the Zodiac Members?" Momiji asked as I nodded. "I met Kureno-nii however so it was an accident just like our meeting today. But thanks for the information Momiji," I said and turned around to leave when I felt Momiji grab my wrist.

I halted as I turned to look at him. "Won't you ever return again to the main estate?" Momiji questioned as I said, "I am a rogue Momiji. I don't have anyone anymore... well atleast by the rules of the Sohma Family. I was banished. I don't have a home anymore at the estate. So the answer is no. Not yet," I then freed my wrist from his clutch.

"But you never followed any rules..," he said in bewilderment as I smiled softly. "I don't follow those rules. But if I don't there are people who might get hurt. I don't want that. You are one of those people Momiji," I softly said with a smile.

"Make sure no one knows that you met me. Not even a sparrow. Make sure. For now Goodbye. Goodbye Momiji," I said as I waved my hand once before turning around and walking out of the park.

Time skip brought to you all by Momiji 🐇🐇🐇

I think I understand why the curse broke. However it is again a 50/50 chance.

When Kureno-nii's curse broke, he always wished to be a free bird. He wanted freedom and wanted to soar through the skies, seeing everything from high up in the never ending sky.
Coming to Momiji.. that rabbit as he told, wanted to be free because he wanted to get accepted by his family.

If.. I am not too wrong.. maybe the determination of achieving freedom for their dreams and goals led to the curse breaking. The others curse did not break maybe because they either never desired to achieve freedom or did not have the determination too. Just maybe.

Like... Yuki has always been afraid and now that he is away from Akito, maybe he feels that it is of no necessity for his curse to break.

Kyo... the poor cat wants to be accepted into the Zodiacs rather than getting his curse broken.

Hatsuharu never cared enough for that, all he cared was about Rin-nii.

As for Rin-nii, she wants to break Hatsuharu's curse to keep him safe. She also never cared about herself. I pity her at times.

Kagura also never cared as far as I remember. She has accepting parents and never really brutally faced Akito's madness.

Ritsu also has accepting mother and friends. So I guess he definitely did not bother for the curse thing.

Coming to the kids, they are not too much determined. Plus they are still small so they were mostly kept away from Akito except a few times. They also have accepting parents which is a nice thing.

The elders, Shigure-nii is a loyal dog to Akito and most probably has a thing for her. So he is outta question.

Ayame-nii was kinda ignorant so he never really fancied getting his curse broken.

And lastly, Hatori-nii .. I am quite not sure about him. I mean I know what happened in his love life but I don't know any futher than that.

I guess it is time to pay the dragon a visit.

But for me... I still haven't figured it out yet. I definitely desired for my curse to break and others as well but somewhere.. maybe I was lacking something. Just something... If only I could figure it out. It is.. not late yet but when will my curse break? Just when...?

🐺🐺🐺

I guess the chapter is a bit rushed today. Well my exams were going so I am late. Hope it is nice.