8- The Unknown Things

Ezena's POV

As far as I could remember, I was not really liked by any of my other friends. Sure enough, some of the Zodiac members liked me but there were a few who disliked me as well. The ones who disliked me, never showed it but there is this gut feeling that works.

Shigure-nii, Hatsuharu and Rin-nii were the three who never really had a liking towards me. Actually, Rin-nii despised me because I was initially disliked by Hatsuharu. Well I do understand why Shigure-nii dislikes me. I hate and despise Akito and is pretty much the betrayer while the dog is very very loyal. So yes, the feelings are mutual.

Hatsuharu initially did not like me because I was actually way too concerned about Yuki-nii. And when we were young, Hatsuharu never liked Yuki-nii and thus it led to me getting disliked. And Rin-nii also did not like me beacuse of Haru and another reason was that, I was more efficient and faster in terms of speed which is.. normal I guess?

Either way, their reason for disliking me was very silly and childish. But it's okay. Considering the conditions and surroundings they grew up in, it is okay and I have no problem with that.

I know, all these words till now are pointless but they are one of the few reasons why I rebelled against Akito and I was banished. But it is okay. It happens. I was about 12 when I got banished. Actually now that I actually give it a thought, I am happy. Yes I am happy that I was banished. Somewhere it hurts and this hurt is more than happiness, yet I am glad. I actually am.

As I got banished, there were times when I got found out and I turned into a wolf. And then I had to suppress their memories. Else the consequences would have been very.. bad. I lost friends because of that. Each and everyone left. Left me alone.

"You seem to be in a deep thinking, Ezena," Momiji's voice rang out in my ears as I nodded. "Just thinking back to earlier times," I commented as he placed down a tray of two glass of juice and some cookies. My eyes widened at the sight of the cookies. Matcha cookies, my favourite ones.

"Well seeing your reaction, I guess I am not wrong to bring these cookies. They are your favourite after all," Momiji said as I smiled at him gratefully. "You still remember?" my voice automatically came out as he sat down beside me and nodded. "It is not something I can forget even if I want to, Ezena," Momiji said, his smile never leaving his lips.

The curtains of his room were closed and the sunlight entered the room through the gap of the curtains. "I-I am lost right now," I heard Momiji as I turned to look at him. "Well what happened?" I asked him.

He remained silent for a while before opening his mouth to speak, "My curse has broken. Akito-san wants me to stay but I want to go. Go and see the world. I want to be actually free. I want freedom. Akito-san is very desperate and thus, I don't know which way I should take," his voice came out hoarse but full of pain as I looked away.

"Follow your heart Momiji. Don't let others hold you back. Just like I did not let anyone hold me back because of some stupid ass supposed God," my voice came out harsher than I expected it to but whom am I blaming. This is my fault after all.

"I will give it a thought," Momiji muttered after a few minutes of complete silence.

Everyone will be surprised to see this side of the always smiley and bubbly Momiji but then again, people are different. They have different sides and those different sides are a part of them.

I took a bite of the 5th number cookie for me as I heard Momiji chuckle. "Guess, food is more important than anything right?" Momiji asked as I nodded, a grin automatically coming to my face. I mean he is not wrong.

Time skip brought to you by a sick wolf.

This is literally the worst time to fall sick. Like literally!! Since I am at the Estate right now.