5- Kureno-nii

Ezena's POV

"E- Ezena?" Kureno-nii whispered as I smiled at him, me amused but sad. "So you do remember my name. I thought you forgot my name after you refused to accept me as your sister... nii-san," I softly said, my smile not leaving my lips and my eyes looking at his, which were full of sadness and regret. "Our meeting today was a mistake, Kureno-nii. I should leave," I whispered as I turned to leave.

"Hold on Ezena!", I heard Kureno-nii call as I turned again, only this time to look at him. "I- I missed you, E-Ezena," he said, his voice cracking as tears slipped from his eyes. A stray tear automatically left my eyes as I broke down into tears. The pain, the pain of being separated completely from your own brother for five long years without a single conversation, it is painful.

I felt arms wrap around me as I cried my heart out. I collapsed on the floor as I clutched his tshirt tightly. Clinging to my brother I cried and cried. He saved me and in return we got separated. My clutch got weaker but I hugged him tightly, crying and releasing all the tears I could from the pain. From the disgust that I was feeling against Akito and all others who all did not object and pushed me away from him. It was PAINING A DAMN LOT!!

"S-Stay, stay with me from now on, Ezena," Kureno-nii whispered, tears escaping from his eyes as well. "Why- why now, nii? Have- have y-you cha-changed your mind? Y-you don't want to stay b-beside Akito?" I asked him, my voice coming out as a cracked whisper. He is conflicted. I know he went against Akito to save Rin-nii and as well as tell Tohru all that he could.

"Can you be honest? W-what changed your mind?" I asked him at a go, my voice still as rough as I can feel. "I- I want to meet 'her', Ezena. I w-want you back here. I- I can't stay without y-you any longer," Kureno-nii whispered as I pushed him slowly.

"We have been apart for five years already. Please wait a little more. I will find a way to release us from that God! And the next time we meet, I hope I can proudly say that, You are now free to find your happiness and I am back. Till then, let's keep this meeting a secret, okay? I will return... soon," I finished, placing my index finger on my lips in gesture of keeping a secret as I softly smiled. The sad feeling returning. I stil don't know for how much longer I have to stay away from him again but...

I stood up and hugged Kureno-nii once before turning around and running off. I soon got out of the Sohma Estate as I took in some air from the sprinting and panting. The book in my hand. Can't forget that thing. Things will definitely take a turn for the worse if Akito comes to know that I entered the Sohma Estate. Even though Akito won't be able to do anything to me, I am sure she would hurt Kureno-nii.

I would never forget that incident when I found out Akito is a woman. I was dumb. I was dumb to ask her that and because of that, Kureno-nii got hurt while trying to protect me. My 8 year old self was a dumb and a nonsense person.

Flashback

"Kureno-nii! Nii-san? Where are you?" I ran through the Sohma estate with two Zodiac dolls in my hand. In one hand was the rooster and the other had a wolf which I made. I ran and ran and unknowingly I reached the main household. Akito's house. I slowed down as I entered the house so as to find him.

Nii? My brain questioned as I overheard voices. "No one must know that you, Akito-san is a woman. You will live as a man as you always did," my eyes widened at that and the two dolls dropped from my hands. A-Akito is a woman?

"Who goes there!" I heard but I stood there like a statue. I should run but what...what am I doing. My hands automatically reached the door and slided it open. No- this should not be the case but my- my body is betraying me.

I looked at the two people inside. The head maid who is even so a greater bad person than Shigure-nii and Akito, the woman in the supposed disguise of a man. Bloody Hell!!

I took a step forward, gritting my teeth as I asked Akito, "So you are a woman. A coward if I may say to not accept that and follow the orders of others!!" my voice moking her.

"SHUT U-," the maid started shouting as I said, "Why don't you keep your mouth shut! No one has ever taught you that you should not come in between as a third person when two people are talking?" the head maid looked taken aback as I rolled my eyes.

"Now tell me Akito, why are you such a coward huh?" I mocked her as I saw her gritting her teeth. I was told that I have a sharp tongue and I should keep my mouth shut by my mom but then again, not every order is meant to be followed right?

"YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING YOU STUPID ZODIAC!" Akito shouted as I smirked. "Oh now do I? I am pretty sure I am smarter than you are, Miss Akito," I mocked again ass she shouted again, "ATLEAST EVERYONE WANTS ME!! NO ONE WANTS YOU EXCEPT KURENO!". I rolled my eyes as I pitied her stupid way of trying to control me.

"Well atleast I don't need to give up my identity as a woman for that and besides that, quality matters not quantity," as soon as I finished that I felt a harsh blow on my cheek as my head turned to the same side as that of the force.

Akito just slapped me? Well I am worse than that.

I raised my hand and like a fine blow, I slapped her back as she stumbled back. The force was too much for her to handle.

Gasp!

I heard as the head maid shouted, "HOW DARE YOU MISS EZENA. AKITO-SAN IS A GOD! HOW DARE YOU HIT HIM?". "Oh please shut up! I have no respect for that person who gives up their identity against their wishes under some bitch's orders," I spat out, looking at the head maid as all of a sudden I got pulled into an embrace.

BASH!

I heard as I looked at who pulled me. I shrunk back as I saw Kureno-nii who was looking at me blankly. He- he just got hit because of me! Akito.. hit him. "You are okay right," he asked patting my hair and smiling softly. Nii..

"Please forgive my sister for her actions. I will make sure to teach her better," saying that, my 18 year old brother picked up the 8 year old me and started walking.

Flashback Ends

Who would've thought that the breaking of the two Zodiac dolls would indicate the disaster which was supposed to happen. Everything started because of me and I must END it!

🐺🐺🐺

FINALLY!! I finished this one. I had fun writing it and I hope you all will like it as well while reading.