15- A Guilty Apology

Happy New Year Guys!! I wish this year goes well for each and everyone of you. Stay safe, stay happy and be your better self with each passing day. Always be positive and try to help others in need as much as you can 😁😁

I want one thing for begining my New Year officially. Please vote on this chapter and some previous ones as well. This will be my New Year gift. Please vote.

Ezena's POV

Putting on my jacket, I grabbed my phone, money and keys. The day has already arrived... now haven't it? The day I am supposed to repent for my actions. The day I am supposed to put aside my pride and ego.

I inhaled a deep, long breath and slowly let it out. My heart thumped against my ribcage harshly. Ignoring the feeling, I wore my shoes. Stepping out of my apartment, I made my way towards the Sohma Estate.

On my way I found my surroundings rather interesting than usual. I absolutely did not want to meet so many Zodiac members together. I was honestly surprised when I got an invitation for attending the banquet.

Like.. for real? The creepy snake came to me for delivering the invitation. I remember that I felt something inside my jacket and I almost lost it. I could feel the creature slithering through the thin fabric of my t-shirt.

That time I fanatically removed my jacket and found the snake who was shivering due to cold. I wanted to skin Ayame-nii at that point of time. And my luck is just so-so that I had to go search for his 'masterpiece' clothes.

I swear to 'god' that each and everyone is weird in their own ways. Surprise! I met eyes with Yuki-nii and Kyo-nii right now. I gave them a simple bow, saying, "How have you both been? Cat and Rat?".

They definitely did not miss my tone to taunt since I visibly saw them flinch. I chuckled since I found it rather amusing. "Ezena.. you brat have grown up," Kyo-nii said while I shrugged. "I wasn't gonna stay short you know? It has been a while ever since I saw you both," I simply announced.

Yuki-nii asked me after patting me once, "on your way to the banquet?". I gave a nod as I felt the necessity to say something and so I did, "I am actually. I have things I wanna say."

"I heard what happened back at Shigure's house. Seems like you let your emotions control you," Yuki-nii said. I put my head down in shame as I asked, "Are you disappointed?".

.....There was complete silence for a while. I gasped and broke the silence when I felt myself get engulfed in a hug all of a sudden. The familiar scent of Yuki-nii hit my nose while I heard him say, "No, I am not disappointed, Ezena. You did what you felt was right. I know you understand where you went wrong and it is all that matters."

I hugged him back tightly, relishing the feeling of comfort for a while. I looked up at him after pulling back slightly. "Now, I am going ahead. I will let you talk with the stupid cat. Will see you there," saying that Yuki-nii walked away, waving at me. I waved back but felt a hard smack on my back.

I winced in pain and I turned around and swung my right leg to return the gesture but Kyo-nii blocked it. I smirked back when he smirked and the next moment I tackled the tsundere cat in a tight hug. He did not hug me back immediately but eventually wrapped his arms around me.

"So..." I trailed off into blank space, making a weird expression. "I want a good fight, silly wolf," Kyo-nii said. I smirked saying, "You got it Cat Boy!".

"Now lets race to the Estate! Let's take a longer route," he said. I nodded with the same enthusiasm and in a split moment I started sprinting. I heard shouts behind me and another pair of foot steps while I laughed loudly at our actions.