9- The Calm Before Storm

Ezena's POV

My eyes just roamed around Hatori-nii's moving self. He finally came to sit infront of me, grabbing my mouth and putting the thermometer in. Nasty!

He took out the thermometer out of my mouth, checking the temperature. "Your body temperature is normal now," he muttered as I send him a nastly glare. I don't know why I did that but I just did. One thing I noticed is that something was odd about him.

"Hatori-nii, why- why don't you leave Akito?" I asked as he looked at me blankly. He said, "Akito is the family head. And I am a part of the family." Eh whatever. "You and I, both know that you want to be free. You are not just determined enough for that," I said blatantly as the corner of his mouth turned up, giving a subtle smile.

"Why is that? Can you tell me more about why you are not ready to love again?" I questioned him. Yes, I am getting into his personal space but just what can I do? Even I am powerless...

Hatori-nii started, "I can't love again. Not when I still have the curse on me. I don't... want to remove anyone's memory again. So it is better if I keep on continuing to stay by Akito's side." Well that was short, very short.

"Don't you want to love again?" I asked as he remained silent. "I will take that as a yes. Why? Why aren't you determined enough to love again? Tell me? What if- what if your determination to love and to be free can break your curse, Hatori-nii?" I asked, standing up.

"Ezena, sit down. You are not yet recovered. As it is you came here rather than staying today at Momiji's just to ask me things," Hatori-nii practically ordered as I sat down. "Answer me, please," I begged him. He looked at me once then again looked back, only this time his gaze settled on his desk.

"I do want to love again. After all I can't always keep on holding onto to my past. However, it is not the right time," he muttered. My gaze softened as I felt sadness radiating through him.

I sighed, whispering, "I am leaving. I will see you later. And I got the answers I wanted. Thanks," with that I stood up, walking towards the door. Sliding it open I walked out. The sky was dark just like my hopes of breaking the curse. At the end of the day, I am failing. Just like any other time.

I walked towards my apartment, taking slower steps than usual when I felt a drop of rain fall on my head. I looked up towards the street light where the drops of rain could be seen easily. Why is it raining now?

It was also raining when I was finally banished from the main estate. Twelve, that was how old I was at that time. My triggered self did something that led to it. It hurts to remember about that. It was a usual day. Kureno-nii's curse broke before I found out that Akito was a girl.

When I was ten years old I found the cat's house. It started off as an usual day. And as usual I was stalling around the estate trying to find Kagura-nee and Kyo-nii to play with. They were my playmates sometimes. My behavior was odd. I loved to find things and I was actually good at those things. Maybe because of my wolf self.

It was then when I stumbled upon the cat's house. From that point, I would often visit the cat's house. I would look here and there. And that went on for about two years.

And one day, I got found out by all the other Zodiac members present then. Some looked at me with worry, some looked at me with disgust, some ignored me from that point on. Only my brother did not look at me like the others. He looked at me with care and love. The Zodiac members decided to keep it a secret but Shigure-nii told Akito about it. Just like a loyal dog that he was and is.

My thoughts broke as I stumbled on a rock while mindlessly walking. I glanced at the time. Nice timing already eh? The rain just stopped and the sun rays slowly started to perk through in between the clouds. Oh my~ I am near Shigure-nii's house. Just walking up the stairs would take me there.

Ring~ Ring~

My phone rang as I brought my phone out of my pocket, taking the call without looking at the name. I brought my phone near my ear as I heard from the other side.

Hatori-nii's voice and words sending a shock through my senses and body, "Ezena, Kureno was stabbed by Akito. We already took him to the hospital." He then went silent. "Ok. Where is Akito?," I just asked. "Akito has gone missing," I heard as I said, "Ok," then hanging up. I tried to take a step forward but I stumbled the moment I did that.

I felt my cheeks go wet as tears made their way out of my eyes. No! Why? Why did Akito stab him?!. Akito is not at the estate... No! I quickly ran up the stairs. Adrenaline rushing through my body. My mind was blank other than the thoughts of Kureno-nii and that fucking woman, Akito!

My mind and heart both seeked revenge! Revenge against Akito for stabbing my brother. Tears were still streaming down, as if they had the power to create a waterfall alone. I am coming for you, Akito! Just wait and watch!

🐺🐺🐺

I won't say anything about this chapter. No comments other than that it was short.