Intentions

Y/N point of view

I stayed up all night thinking of Gunwook's accident. Younger him would agree that this is nonsense. We were so inseparable back then I find it hard to believe a world that we aren't friends.

It crushes me our secret jokes, our fond memories, just everything is gone. I knew everything about him and now he doesn't know anything about me.  It's 2am already I should probably just go to bed.

"Hey Y/N wake up it's almost 9am" my mom yelled out. Fuck rehearsal is in like 10 minutes I said running around my room to get myself out together. Even rushing I still think I'm going to be late.

I hurried out the door and ran to campus as fast as I could luckily we live close that I can walk there. I was running way to close to the road that a car almost hit me. I stared at the driver for a second, but I wasn't gonna spend more time here.

As I was going to make a run for it a rich guy got off his car and grabbed my backpack, so I couldn't run away. What a great way to start my second day of college.

"Hey can you let me go?" I asked. "I would but we almost hit you with my car" he straightforwardly said. "Well I didn't die so I think we're good here" I said walking off but he still pulled my backpack. "You jumped in front of the car on purpose didn't you" he asked me.

I stared at the blond guy standing in front of me for a solid second. What is up with this guy. Why would I try to kill myself? Even if I did it on purpose I don't got life insurance. "I didn't even see your car dude" I said. "Dude? Isn't that rude to address me like that" "I don't even know your name" I said that a gust of wind blew and I swear you could've seen a tumbleweed roll on the street.

"My name is Shen Quanrui but Ricky to friends" he introduced himself to me. "Alrighty can I go now?" I said as he would not let go my backpack. He stood there shocked in my words, but I really need to go to rehearsal.

I ran quickly to campus but then stopped when I saw Gunwook resting on a bench. He was laying down while having a book covering his eyes. Despite in my being late I went up to him and covered the side where the book wasn't covering as much.

He slightly opened his eyes and stared at me. "Y/N right?" He said sitting up to look at me more. I got up from crouching down. "I see that you remember me today" I gave him a hopefully smile that maybe he can remember be. Although that sentence is only confront to me.

"If you're here to try to help me remember who you are then forget it. I have no interest in that anymore, so let me be" he said trying to push me away. "I like you" I confessed to him clearly, so he knows my intentions with him. "You don't even know me how could you possibly like me" "I just do... I don't need a reason to like you"

He broke eye contact with me and covered his eyes from me. "Just go I'm a lost cause everyone else seems to think so" he said rejecting me once again. I just formed a smile and took away his hands off his eyes. "I don't think you are so I'm going to keep asking you out til you say yes"

Gunwook has always been sensitive about his feelings even if it seems like he isn't. We used to know how each other felt within seconds. That's just how we were as kids. We deeply understood each other. We might not have that special bond anymore but I'm willing to work my way up to it. Just you wait.