Excuses

Y/N point of view

I could hardly sleep last night. I kept replying last night in a loop as if I was repeating my favorite song, but as a memory. Even though I didn't sleep I wasn't exhausted quite the opposite actually. "You look like you're in a good mood" Taeyong said as I headed to the kitchen. "You can say that" I said smiling at him. "By the way whose jacket is that?" He asked me pointing out that I had it on. "It's a secret" I said trying to sound mysterious but utterly fail because I get flustered easily. "Oh so it's not from a certain biker guy who picked you up last night?" He then adds. "You saw?!!!" I said in shock. "I did!!" he said laughing. "I'm glad to see that in the end it worked out" he adds. "Well duh I was always going to get him back" I said as I grabbed ingredients to make cookies.

Before I started to bake I heard a knock at the door. I walked towards the door and I saw Gunwook at my doorstep. "Hey" he said a bit nervously, but still managed to look awfully cute. "What are you doing today?" He then asked me. "I thought of making some cookies today I could use the extra help" I said welcoming him inside my house.

"Well I never really made cookies before, so you have to guide me" he said looking confused on what to do. "I just hope this will be edible.." he said as he began putting random stuff in a bowl. "Gunwook let me make the mixture" I said as I stepped in. The poor guy didn't have no idea what he was doing.

After a while Taeyong came downstairs and saw us. "Look who's back here again" he said trying his best to greet Gunwook nicely. "Again?" He quietly questioned himself thinking he did something wrong already then stared at me to see what I was going to say next. "Taeyong don't you have plans with any of your 30+ friends?" I asked him. "Nope I'm just chilling at home today I just came down here to see if you were don't baking yet" he said looking around the kitchen. "Hey Y/N did he said again because he saw us last night?" He said tugging on my sleeve. "Oh yeah he knows" I said with a little laugh trailing behind that sentence as I grabbed parchment paper. He then stood awkwardly behind me as if that were any help to hide him from my brother.

"Last night we were just... uh catching up?" Gunwook tried to defend himself for strolling with my past midnight. "Sure catching up at midnight" he teased us. "Actually we were just star gazing!!" He added. "Y/N is really into astrology recently and you know we actually saw a shooting star. You could only see it outside of town because the light pollution in town so we had go on my bike" Gunwook started to ramble excuses. "It was really shiny probably once in a lifetime experience you know Y/N would probably live to regret it if she didn't see it." he kept talking. Taeyong was just laughing the whole time and Gunwook just didn't seem to notice. "Okay, okay I get the picture you really need to work on your storytelling skills" he told him since he's not the type to get easily fooled. After all he's felt with nonsense all his life. "Oh well I guess I do" Gunwook said as he rested his head on my shoulder in defeat. "I'll let this one slide but next time hit me with a better excuse" he said as he pat his back. "Damn are you sure I didn't have you fooled for a second?" He then asked him as he walked away. "Nope!" He said as he walked back upstairs. "Are you sure!!" He said chasing after him.

After a while the cookies were ready I had no idea where they went, so I went upstairs to see what they were doing. From the looks of it I don't think Taeyong and Gunwook are together since I stopped hearing their voices after a while. I saw my door slightly opened and I figured Gunwook must've entered my room. I then saw him listening to songs on an iPod I had lying around. He then saw me and quickly took off the earbuds off. "Sorry" he said as he gave them back to me. I stared at it for a while and then bit my lip before I said anything else. This iPod was actually Gunwook's when he was younger. He would often leave it here and I guess that's where it still remained. "You have great taste in music" he said. "Somehow these are all my favorites" he added. "Is that so?" I said as I wrapped the earbuds neatly. "Yeah it was really weird I forgot these songs existed but when I listened to it I remembered loving these songs" he explained to me, but part of me felt sad for him because I don't want him to dwelt in the past anymore.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asked me in the most gentle way possible as he put his hands on my face. "Oh it's nothing to worry about" I replied as I tried to intertwine our hands together. "Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" He asked me once again. "Yes I'm sure let's go downstairs and decorate some cookies" I said as a began to smile. "Okay let's do that then" he said as he kissed my knuckles. He put his arm around me and as we headed down I couldn't help like I was already keeping a secret from him. Maybe someday he will get it, but that day won't be today. I hope that you'd understand.