Wish you'd asked me

Y/N point of view

"Music theory is so dumb I thought I finally got it but I'm circling back to not understanding again" I said falling face flat on my notebook of notes. I then faced back at Gunwook. "You can't be complaining about that when I'm doing calculus homework in front of you" He said giving me a tried look. I mean I would too if I had to any math. I asked Gunwook if we could study together so we could motivate each other but so far it's just been tiring.

"We should ditch this place and go eat cakes at that one cafe" he said starting to pack up his stuff. "Sounds good to me" I replied in a heartbeat while also putting my spirals in my bag. 

"Are you sure you're okay ditching studying?" I asked him as we walked side by side. As I said that our hands brushed against each other. I tried my hardest not smile but ended up getting flustered by Gunwook's response."It's fine I'd rather walk around with you than study" he said as he kept looking at me intensely. I awkwardly laughed at his response because it was so cheesy and then slightly pushed him away from me. "It's true!" He exclaimed trying to his best to convince me.

After a while we finally got to the cake shop and we ordered a wedding platter sample tray because we were so undeceive and wanted to try everything. "Nothing can beat a classic chocolate cake" Gunwook said enjoying every single bite. "I don't know the red velvet cake with white chocolate chips was so good" I said licking my fork of what was left of the cheesecake filling. "No shot try it" he said as he fed me. "Mhm it's no red velvet but it tastes good as well" I said sticking with my opinion.

"Hey you have a little of frosting on your face" I said as I looked at Gunwook. "Oh really" he said as he wiped the wrong side of his face and looked puzzled there was nothing there. "It's the other side" I said as I rubbed it off with my thumb. He just kept looking at me as I was taking it off. "Oh I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable" I said quickly taking my hand off his face. "No you're fine" he said as he placed my hand back on his cheek to show he didn't mind skinship. I gently traveled my hand to gently fix his hair since it was covering his beautiful eyes.

Sometimes it feels like we're super close, but he seems afraid to actual pursue anything. I'd wish he'd ask me to be his girlfriend already since we do things couples do. He already knows how I feel about him and now I'm just waiting on him. I wish it didn't take absolutely forever for him to realize what we are.

After a while we left and were walking around a small plaza of street vendors. In one specific table I saw a pair of matching earrings to one of the necklaces that I loved to wear, but unfortunately the price was a little bit in the higher side. I look back towards Gunwook and he had his eyes on a camera. He was looking at it carefully til he decided to put it down. While he was gone I took a quick look at the price for it and decided I'll come back for it later.

"Come over here these matching keychain bundles they look so cool" Gunwook said calling me over. "Oh you're right but aren't these uh couple keychains?" I asked the vendor. "You're right miss don't be shy and get your lovely girlfriend and yourself one!" The vendor said. We both looked at each other after that and just laughed, but we didn't correct her that we weren't boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Oh I thought they looked cool I didn't know it was like that" Gunwook said towards me looking through them with a sad puppy look. "Okay pick one out" I said. His eyes started to sparkle as I said those words. I then payed for them and he put his on his keys and I let my dangle on my purse. "We literally look the coolest" he said bragging about our matching keychains. "Sure we do!" I said as I looked at him be excited over the smallest thing.

"Hey I had a blast today even though we were supposed to study today" Gunwook said as he dropped me off at my house. "Me too I'm glad we can do stuff like this" I said. I unbuckled my seatbelt and then he came closer to me and pulled me into a hug. We stayed in each others arms for a while til I pulled out. I looked at him for a solid second but then looked away. That pause would've been perfect to share a kiss, but I guess he still doesn't feel that way about me even after today. "I'll see you tomorrow" I said and he nodded at me. "See you Y/N" he said as I got off his car and waved goodbye.