Sweet nothing

Y/N point of view

Each day was the same and they all ended with my staring at my ceiling. I pondered of how I felt seeing him with any girl and I came to a realization that I should stop chasing a guy who isn't chasing me. It would be for the best wouldn't it?

Once I realized that I was more accepting to the fact that it's okay so separate from an old friend. I had to learn the hard way that he's a different person now. There was definitely a weight off my shoulders once I stopped.

"Does Ricky really need to eat lunch with us now?" I glared at him sitting next to me. "Yeah why is he here don't you have other friends?" junhyeon backed me up. "Darling lots of girls would kill to be sitting next to me and you want to kick me out?!" He said shaking his head displeased of what I just said. "I mean you're like okay I guess" I teased him just to get a reaction. "Ricky I'd never treat you like Y/N so please pick me, choose me, love me" he said practically begging. "Nice try" he said practically rejecting him for the 193819 time. "Alright let's eat peasants" Ricky said as we ate lunch together.

"Hey Y/N recently you've been acting normal recently are you okay?" Junhyeon asked me. "Yeah normally you'd be staring down Gunwook what happened?" Gyuvin asked me as if we haven't had weekly tea sessions. Ricky then payed more attention to this conversation than our previous ones. "I've decided to move on I think" I said a little bit unsure of my decision. "Whys that" Ricky asked me. "Maybe this was all for nothing" I said while placing my head on the table. Ricky then gently patted my head as comfort. I look at him and instantly start to feel my face fluster. "Oh Rickyyyy you're trying to hit on Y/N" Gyuvin started to tease him. He then quickly stops "I can't comfort someone without anyone assuming something" he said trying to cover his face.

As I went to go throw my trash away I crashed into Gunwook. "Oh my god I'm so sorry" I said quickly getting up while trying to clean up. I noticed that I got someone of my leftovers in him and started to freak out. "Hey it's all good" he said reassuring me and taking off his blazer to dust off any access foods that landed on it. "Hey let me wash it for you" I said gently grabbing it from his hands. "I'll be right back!" I said hurrying to the nearest sink.

As I was scrubbing his blazer with warm water I couldn't help to think of how stupid I was. Even when I'm trying to avoid him he appears out of nowhere. WHY IS DISTANCING HARD. I focused on cleaning his jacket til the stain was gone and decided to go find him again, but once I stepped out the restroom he was waiting right outside. I couldn't help to think that this is how our last interaction went down.

He grabbed his blazer and looked at it carefully. "Seems like you made it sparkly clean again" he said while shaking the water out of it. "It's the least I could do" I said awkwardly. He carefully observed me and looked at me confused. "You've been acting strange lately did I happen to do something?" He flat out asked me as if he didn't break my heart into millions of pieces. "I know about her" I said trying my best not to come off as passive aggressive even though my heart started to hurt at the mention. "Her? What do you mean by that?" He then stayed silently thinking about what I'm referring to.

"Gyuvin told me about your past..." I said dancing around the topic because I'm not ready what to know what he'll say about it. "My past? I don't even know my own past try to be more considerate Y/N" he joked around. "Oh right yeah no that's not it um I know about Yeseo and how you she was your first love" I said finally avoiding eye contact with him. "Yeseo isn't my first love" he said cracking up in the hallway. "What?!?? But she's been around you recently and from what I heard from gyuvin is that-" he then cuts me off and placed his chin on my shoulder. "Y/N I love being stuck to your side rather than anyone else if anything I should be annoyed for you hanging out with that blonde guy" I started to get flustered over that sweet sentence he gave me. I always wondered why if he enjoyed my company and now I know my answer. "Also I don't know why you trusted Gyuvin you know me and him don't talk like that right?" He added to his case.

⟢ Flashback

A few nights ago

"Yeseo then rejected Gunwook because she thought they were better as friends" Gyuvin said giggling obnoxiously. I didn't mind that he was laughing every bit of the story because I assumed he was drunk out of his mind while telling this story. "Gunwook then promised himself that he wouldn't fall in love again after Yeseo broke his heart which is why you've been struggling this whole time" he began to laugh for five minutes straight  "hey are you okay? Why do you keep laughing this much?" I asked him. "No reason"

End of flashback ⟣

Oh my god that little shit. Of course now that I'm remembering correctly all of it did seem made up. I'm an idiot for believing him I don't understand how I didn't notice the red flags of his story.

"I'm going to kill him oh my god" I finally said after the realization. As I was going to beat the shit out of Gyuvin for lying to me Gunwook pulled me aside. "Next time don't assume just ask me. Also please stop avoiding me I'm your friend too aren't I?" He knows damn well. "Ugh fine whatever bro" I said trying my best to not sound annoyed. "That's the spirt!" He excitedly said as we both headed out together.