After midnight

Gunwook's point of view

"And what else has she said about me?" I continuously asked Gyuvin. "She also said to leave me alone regarding topics of her" he finally said in defeat. "Haha I'm sorry I'm just curious" I said. Gyuvin then paused and started to think for a long time before responding back to me. I waited for an eternity for a response back, but he ended saying what were my thoughts of nonagons. "Honestly I haven't thought of one in a while" I told him. "See they're so under appreciated just like me...." He said as he sigh dramatically. "Okay I understand I'll appreciate you more often!" I said trying my best to cheer him up. "That is what I love to hear!!" he said as he pat my back.

"Hey did all that question asking mean you like-" I then covered his mouth and shushed him. "You can't be saying something like that in the open" I said looking around. I looked at him and the quietly nodded. He then gasped but covered his mouth back up. The gave me a look if i was being serious and I nodded once again as conformation. Gyuvin yet again let out a bigger gasp again. "You have to tell her" Gyuvin said. "I can't-" I said brushing it off. "At least not yet" I said while glancing at Y/N walking in the hallway. Her gaze soften when she saw me. She has no idea that I'm hers. "Oh you're lovesick" he teased me. "You have to tell her before someone else tells her" Gyuvin added. "Why do you say that?" I asked him. "I think I might know someone else who likes her as well" as he said that I knew exactly who he was referring to. It must be that blond guy I met a few weeks ago. "I'll try my best to tell her" I said determinedly.

Which was best said then done... the whole week there was no good timing. She was either around other people or it didn't feel right to ask her out yet. I couldn't even eat properly during that week. Which made me think Gyuvin was right over the lovesick part.

One late night I decided to work on fixing my bike which was the one that I had my accident on. Normally I wouldn't touch this thing since it's caused me so much physical and emotional pain in the past few years, but i missed it. Every so often I would fix little things on it for it to work one day. Deep down I never wanted to quit riding it was one of the few things I remember liking in the past. Even though the memories attached to it are painful I was never able to get rid of it. It just sat collecting dust til now.

I got on my motorcycle for the first time in years and started the engine to see if it still runs after a bit of tinkering around. To my surprise when I turn it it actually worked. The echo of the engine rang through my garage and I couldn't help and smile like an idiot. I put my helmet on and drove around for a while. The streets were empty and the world seemed so quiet. The cool night air blew against my skin giving me the most comforting feeling. I wanted to share this feeling with her. I bet she would love it.

I slowly pull up to Y/N's house and hesitated if I should ask her if she wants to come along with me. Since last time I rode I didn't exactly go well and I wouldn't want her to suffer the same thing I went through. I was walking back to my bike til her door opened. The moonlight shined on her as she came up to me. "What are you doing in my house so late?" She asked me. "Y/N I didn't know you were up.." I said. "I like to sleep a little after midnight" she admits. "You should go to sleep" I told her. She looks around and saw my motorcycle. Her eyebrow furrowed giving me a confused look. "I thought you'd didn't ride anymore?" She asked me. "I- well I thought it was the perfect night to go for a late night drive" I said hoping not the get scold by her. My heart started to beat like crazy after she leaned in to removed my helmet off me. She then fixed my messy hair and smiled at me "Take me for a spin" she said as she put it on herself. "Alright, but hold on tight to me" I said as I grabbed my other helmet from my trunk.

I started off slowly so she can get that nice breeze but then decided to raise the velocity so she could hold on more tightly to my chest. This was the most closest she's been to my heart. She kept holding so tightly I wish she'd never let go of me. I looked for a quiet spot away from the city to stop til I eventually found a place where we can see just the city lights.

I stopped and ruffled my hair. "Are you cold?" I asked her as I saw that she was wearing a thin jacket. "I'm fine" she said brushing me off. I then took off my jacket and placed it on her shoulders. I caressed her face and felt how cold her cheeks were. "Stop lying to me" I said leaning toward her. She avoided eye contact and put on my jacket on top of hers. "Happy?" She huffed in defeat. "Actually yeah" I said. We then glanced at the scenery. It was beautiful we had the twinkling stars on our side as well as a good view of the city. This was the perfect time to tell her how I felt.

"Y/N I have something to tell you" I said in the most vulnerable way possible. "Mhm what is it " she said as she put her whole attention to me "I like you. I like you a lot actually do you still feel the same about me?" I asked her. Every second it was silent I felt like my heart was about to jump out of my body. I knew the chance of rejection was low, but the possibility of her saying she doesn't feel the same weighed me this whole week. "Actually I think I've liked you for a long time, but just realized recently how important you are to me. Thank you for sticking around for as long as you did. I might not be the guy who were expecting, but I hope you can love me too.." I added. I glanced finally at her face and she was tearing up. I put my hands on her cheeks and whipped her tears away. "Why are you crying?" I asked her as I hugged her. "I'm not sure maybe because I waited for this moment for a long time" she said still tearing up.

I intertwined our hands together and kissed her knuckles. "Y/N I promise not to make you cry again" I said. "Okay" she said extending her pinky towards me. "Let me drive you back home it's past your bedtime and you need rest" I said as I started my engine. I drove a bit slower on the way back because even though I said she needed her rest I still wanted her to stick around for a little longer.

"Seems like where here" I said. "Yeah" she said taking off my jacket and giving it to me. "No keep it on it's still very cold out here" I said. She nodded and I walked her to her door. Y/N awkwardly smiled at me. "Well I guess this is where we say goodnight right?" She said. "I guess that's true" I said as I reach out for her hand. "Goodnight Gunwook" she said. "Sweet dreams Y/N" I said as I leaned closer to her and kissed her eyelids.