Before

Y/N point of view

"How exactly am I supposed to throw the ball in the hoop?" I asked Gunwook since he invited me to shoot some hoops with him, and I of course wouldn't let the chance to hang out pass by. Especially since I need to recover from the embarrassment of last week. "Firstly you're not even throwing it correctly you're supposed have this hand underneath the ball and the other on top" he said fixing my hands. "Okay then this one is for you!" I said throwing it how he told me to and I absolutely missed. Oddly enough this gave me déjà vu when I lived in Canada. He then began to laugh that I missed and that's when I attacked him. When I said I attacked him I just got on top of him and refuse to get off him. "Wouldn't it be so funny if I threw you inside the hoop" he said running towards it. "As if!!!" I said still on his back.

He then picked up the basketball and gave it to me so I could throw it in. "Ok for real this one is for you!" I said as I gracefully threw it in. "I don't understand how you missed so badly the first time" he said still laughing. "I have no idea what you're talking about" I said trying to forget that moment.

After a while we sat in the bleachers for a while to cool down til we saw people pulled up to the court. In the mix of people we saw Junhyeon and Gyuvin enter.  I saw Gunwook's whole mood shift he saw them. "Hey are you okay?" I asked him at he kept looking over at them. "Yeah no I'm fine I sometimes wonder what it would've been like if I didn't push them away" he said still staring at them. "Back then I didn't see the point of trying to be their friend because I would've let them down..." he continued saying. "Hey why don't we ask for a 2v2 game with them?" I asked him. After I asked that his face was shocked almost like it was illegal to ask them. "Cmon they won't say no" I said dragging him toward them. "I'm not sure about this I'm pretty sure they hate me" he said trying to back out. "Nonsense we must make haste and ask them to play with us!"

We headed to the other side of the gym snd Junhyeon was side eyeing Gunwook while Gyuvin just looked excited to see with him again. "You don't see this everyday don't you!" Gyuvin said excitedly as he threw his ball to him. "Hello guys you don't mind if we 2v2?" I asked them. "Sure!" Gyuvin said but got pulled aside by Junhyeon. I looked at Gunwook and he looked pale as fuck. "Oh cmon do you really need to talk about it or are you scared of losing!" I said trying to hit on the competitive side of Junhyeon. "Bring it on" he said finally cracking a smile.

During the whole game i couldn't help to smile like an idiot even though we were losing. It was just like how it was before. It was so nostalgic of how we would play during late summer nights.  "You're a bunch of losers" Junhyeon said teasing us at our score 0-3. "Are we just going to take this smack talk Y/N?" Gunwook said. "Of course not I'll lock in I promise" I said even though I don't have a single athletic bone in me. "Well turn this around" he said as he proceeded to reenact our old handshake with me. I just stood there in shock what he just did. I feel like every time he does something he used to do messes me up. This handshake isn't even a simple one it was one with many hand gesture. I could even tell that Junhyeon and Gyuvin were just as confused as hell. "Is everything alright?" Gunwook then asked. "Um yeah everything's good" I said trying to shake that uneasy feeling. "Cmon let's win this" he said taking my hand.

After our game finished the guys seemed to get along well. It finally seemed like they could be friends once again. "I can't believe we lost" Gyuvin sulked in how Gunwook was able to score 10 times to win. "Had a good partner" he said looking at me even though we know damn well I missed every shot.  "this was all fun and stuff but I need to talk to Y/N for second?" Junhyeon said as he pulled me aside.

We then went to the vending machines outside the gym to talk privately. "What even was that?" Junhyeon questioned me. "I don't know it caught me off guard as well" I said. "Do you think it would ever be possible-" I then had to cut him off. "No" I said. "If he's remembering habits like that I wouldn't be a stretch to think he'd get his memory back" Junhyeon said. Even though it's a nice thought I liked meeting Gunwook all over again. It's like I got another chance to fall in love again with him. "I think everything is finally how it should be" I said looking towards Gunwook.

"Hey me and Gunwook were talking about getting a bite to eat are you two down?" Gyuvin said as he dragged Gunwook behind him. Junhyeon gave me a look and nodded to me. "Yeah we'd love that" I said smiling that we're finally back.