Chapter 1

Namjoon ran his hand roughly through his hair as he left the meeting. While he was prepared to be chastised he still hoped that the elders would give him a break in light of how hard he had been trying. Everybody wanted them to find the final member of their pack, most of all his own mates. It was an endless cycle of frustration. They had visited every pack at least twice, no matter how small. They had been to visit the major packs countless times. They'd reviewed the lists of every omega in Korea, every omega born in Korea that had moved away. He felt like they had laid eyes on every possible candidate, even searching far outside the expected age range.

Sometimes he wondered if their last fated mate had passed away at a young age but the elders assured him that was impossible. Namjoon and his five known mates, plus their last missing mate, were destined to become the most important wolves in the country. The supreme pack. The moon goddess herself had designed the supreme pack, building each one to revolve around their last mate. Their omega. It simply was not possible that the individual was no longer alive. According to the elders Namjoon and his mates just hadn't been trying hard enough to find him or her.

Every wolf knew their history. Long ago there were vicious wars between werewolves and humans causing many unnecessary deaths on both sides. Distrust grew causing violence to escalate with terrible loss of life. Young and old were slaughtered in what became an endless cycle of revenge. Eventually the werewolf community elders and their human counterparts reached a peace agreement. That commitment has been in place for hundreds of years.

To ensure this peace agreement held and protect werewolves throughout the country, the moon goddess created a supreme pack. This group of five to nine wolves were responsible both for ensuring the werewolf population was protected from attacks and ensuring that the wolf population equally respected their human counterpart, doling out swift justice when either boundary was violated.

While the composition of the pack changed over time, the existence of the supreme pack never waivered. Just as one pack was aging a new pack would form to take their place. The moon goddess selected each member of the pack specifically and gave each member a gift that would be essential for the times to come. These packs shared unique powers to support them in their unique responsibility to ensure peace prevailed.

It was tradition, designed by the moon goddess herself, that the title of supreme pack should be passed down from one supreme pack to the next exactly six months after the new pack was fully complete. Until then the alphas would train under the reigning supreme pack. All through history this had happened easily, the pack members found each other quickly like it was simply meant to be. But Namjoon's pack had been searching for their final member for years now. The effort to complete their pack was becoming increasingly frantic as the members of the current supreme pack were quickly aging. Their health was beginning to fail and one of their members was very sick, likely to die soon. If the younger supreme pack didn't find their omega soon everything would be thrown into chao. The current supreme pack would all return to the moon goddess as soon as their first member died and it was clear that day was fast approaching.

Namjoon's pack, the upcoming supreme pack ,couldn't take power until they were complete. Not only was it outside of tradition, it simply was not possible. Every supreme pack throughout history had been full of alphas with one omega to bind them together. The moon goddess herself had designed the supreme pack to gain all of their powers only when they had found and mated with their intended omega. Until then, the alpha's powers were evident, but weak. Only when they were fully united would the supreme pack's powers be manifest.

To have no supreme pack, it was unthinkable. Absolutely unthinkable. Hundreds of years of peace was dependent on it. Their final complement simply had to be found, and fast.

By now Namjoon was the only one left in Seoul. The rest of the pack was spread across the country doing everything they could to find their last member. A mad dash to find their missing final piece.