Chapter 30

As the first signs of the sun began to peak through the window Jin began lightly running his fingers up and down the spine of the omega who remained sprawled out on his chest. Jin hadn't slept at all last night. He was so happy to have the omega in his arms, so happy to care for him that he didn't want to miss even a moment. In contrast Jungkook seemed to cool slightly through the night even though the alpha he was snuggled up with was by nature very warm. Clearly the extended contact with his alpha was helping the omega better manage his heat symptoms.

"Baby, it's time to wake up," Jin soothingly whispered while continuing to gently rub up and down Jungkook's back.

Jungkook whined a bit, shifting to get closer to Jin's scent gland so he could begin to scent him again, a sure sign that he was hoping to be left alone to fall back asleep while basking in their shared smell.

Jin rumbled a bit in his chest trying not to laugh. "No pup, you can't go back to sleep now, I need you to wake up at least for a bit ok? I have to go soon and I want to make sure you're good first."

This got Jungkook's attention right away. Last night was the best night of sleep he'd had in weeks. He couldn't tell if it was his heat or just his general loneliness that made him want to cling to the alpha to ensure he would never leave.

"No, I don't want you to go. I want you to stay," the omega pouted trying to get the alpha to give in to his pleas.

Jin knew he needed to be gone by the time the guard first checked on the omega. He didn't know when it would be so better to leave early just to make sure.

"If I get caught here I won't be able to come back. If you let me go now I'll try to see you again."

"But why didn't you see me until now. I've missed you all of these last weeks. I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't complain to an alpha but I don't like being apart."

Jin sighed, "I've been trying Kookie. I'm still working on my teleportation skills. And the longer I spend apart from you the harder it is to use my powers. I'm hoping that spending a whole night with you will be good for both of us, maybe it will be enough to restore my energy so I can get to you again. But honestly I'm not sure how I got here last night. Did you notice anything different?"

Jungkook shook his head no. He barely was in his right mind for most of the last few days, he certainly couldn't do anything special to help Jin come to him.

"I think it must just be that your wolf called to mine and when that happened I came. I know that isn't much of an explanation but at the moment it's all I have. In good news I think that may mean that if there was truly an emergency or a problem I would be able to come to you and keep you safe and protected."

Jungkook nodded his head in agreement. Even that small comfort made him feel better.

"Now, do you want me to give you another bath before I go? Just snuggle for a bit? Maybe you want to tell me how your training is going? I probably have about 20 more minutes, you tell me what you want to do."

Jungkook really just wanted to be close to the alpha so he asked to snuggle. After a few minutes he began to pepper the alpha with questions.

"Why aren't I feeling well? Is this my heat?"

Jin was surprised that the omega wasn't more familiar with heats. He thought perhaps the council alphas would discuss it as part of their training but upon reflection it was hard to imagine one of those crusty old alphas having a compassionate conversation with a sensitive omega on something so personal.

"Yes pup, I think you have your heat. It's about the right time for you to have your first one after we bonded. It is one of those things that will drive an omega to their alpha because their touch can be comforting and reduce the pain. That's why you probably feel a little bit better now don't you?"

Jungkook nodded in agreement, he was feeling better since Jin was with him.

"It also draws your alphas to you. I expect the elder council canceled our visit this week because they didn't want us to refuse to leave. In the meantime you've probably been really suffering haven't you baby?"

Jungkook nodded again feeling like he might become a bit teary. There was no point denying what was obvious, he was a total mess by the time Jin arrived last night.

"How long will it last?" the omega asked, hoping it was almost over.

"Usually about a week but yours might be a little longer. I've heard that it can be longer if you are away from your alpha or if it is the first one. I can't say for sure but I'd expect it to be a bit longer." Jin didn't want to upset his sweet mate but he did want to be honest.

"What about if you have more than one mate? What happens then?" Anxiety laced Jungkook's voice as he tried to learn more.

"Oh baby, I'm not really sure. But the one thing I am sure of is that you are strong and you'll get through it ok?"

"Ok," Jungkook whispered back. "Will you come again soon? Like tonight?"

"I'll try pup, but remember if you really really need me your wolf will call to mine and then I'll always come ok? I'll always be there when you truly need me."

Jungkook shook his head yes but still didn't want to let go of the alpha in front of him. Jin's warm solid presence felt like a lifeline when the omega was otherwise bereft at sea.

"Kookie, I need to go now. Just keep going, you'll be back with us soon and I'll try to come back to you as soon as I can ok?"

Jungkook finally nodded yes and after a few last kisses on the omega's cheeks and forehead, Jin stepped away and suddenly disappeared. He was gone and Jungkook was back on his own.

__________________________

"Where were you? We were worried out of our minds!" The yelling started as soon as Jin teleported back into their sleeping den. In good news he got the location just right so hopefully it was a sign he'd have more control if he wanted to go back and see Jungkook tonight.

"I was with our omega, I'm sorry I didn't let you know, it was very unexpected."

"You were with Jungkookie? But how?" Hobi interrupted. "Wait a minute..." the alpha got closer to Jin and began to sniff him. "Something seems off. You smell like our omega. You smell a lot like our omega. More than anyone has ever smelled like him before. What happened?"

"Our pup is in heat." Jin sighed. "He smells...well absolutely divine. But he was also pretty aggressive about scenting me. I think it was a heat symptom."

"He's in heat? And he's alone surrounded by alphas?" Jimin was nearly screeching which was no surprise considering he doubted anyone in the pack would really think it was acceptable.

"He is, I think it's been difficult but he's going to make it."

Jin proceeded to tell the pack everything. How he thought Jungkook's wolf called to him, allowing him to teleport directly to his room. How he found the omega soaked in sweat and in a haze. Then he told them how he cared for the omega, washing him, holding him, caressing him, making sure he drank and had clean bedding.

The alphas were enraptured hearing about Jin time with their omega, each somewhat jealous they weren't there but satisfied to know their mate had taken such care with their missing mate.

As Jin's story progressed each of his pack mates drew nearer and nearer. Jin knew he wasn't the real attraction, they would each be uncontrollably drawn to him because he smelled like their omega, the most delicious version of their omega possible. Jin knew the rest of the alphas would not leave him easily.

"Look guys to be honest I didn't get any sleep last night and I'm going to try to see our omega again tonight. If you don't mind, I'm going to try to nap for a bit." Jin was already removing his shirt and pants preparing to lay down in the center of their mattresses. No surprise, several of the alphas crowded close to join them, Hobi insisting he should be the closest spot next to Jin considering he was the only one who hadn't seen Jungkook since he left to stay with the council.

It was a bittersweet day. While everyone was relieved to know their omega had been cared for by their pack it was agony to be away from him, especially now that they knew he was in heat. They could only hope that at least Jin would be able to get back to him again to ensure he remained safe, comforted, and cared for.