Chapter 16

Hobi took in the faces of all of his pack mates gathered around the room. He could feel the tension and frustration humming just under the surface.

"We all know that an omega has to feel comfortable and safe to shift. Ours just isn't there yet. Trying to jump to the actual shifting without changing how he views us first is going to go nowhere fast."

Yoongi jumped in to agree. "That's why packs get six months to bond after they find their omega. I agree with Hobi, we've been with Jungkook for less than two weeks. In that time we've all mated him which was a lot all at once and very painful. We've dragged a freshly mated omega out of the safety of our home to present before the elder council. We threatened to use our alpha voice on him if he didn't figure out how to shift fast enough. We didn't even remember to feed him this morning! There hasn't been nearly enough time to build up trust."

"I know, we're all frustrated but we're doing the best we can with the situation at hand. I don't want to force him to shift but I feel like it would be worse if I didn't at least tell him about the possibility. I know we're hanging by a thread here but I'm afraid springing that kind of thing on him would cause even that bit of trust that exists to break." Namjoon felt like he needed to defend himself since he knew he was the one who was driving the hardest to move forward.

"Nobody is blaming anyone, it's just what it is. But I think we need to take a break from working on shifting. We're not going to get there at this rate, we're just making it worse. We should just spend time together developing a relationship."

"And if I have to use my alpha voice when we go back to the council?" Namjoon questioned.

"Then I'll support you, even if we all hate the idea." Hobi had to concede Namjoon was right. They were stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. "I'll even talk to our omega about it but first let's make some better memories together. Give him opportunities to trust us without stressing him. He wouldn't even let me scent him downstairs. He said it was because he is still tender from the mating bites but I think he's realizing he isn't as comfortable with us as he thought. We need to go back to square one."

"Let's go swimming!" Taehyung shouted.

"Maybe we should finish the conversation first, TaeTae." Jimin gave him an exasperated look. Clearly swimming could wait.

"No, I mean with our omega. It is a good opportunity to prove we can keep him safe and he seems to like water. What do you think?"

Everyone seemed to agree, nodding while looking around at the others.

"It's a plan, we'll spend the afternoon at the pool, maybe have a barbecue outside for dinner." With a clap of his hands Jin dismissed the pack to get ready for their afternoon. Hopefully this would be a step in the right direction.

Jin woke Jungkook up by gently running his fingers through his hair. "Come on pup, it's time to get up. If you sleep much longer you won't be able to sleep tonight."

The omega groaned but shifted to a partially sitting position, his eye barely cracked open while his hair was tousled in a fluffy mess.

Jin gently sorted his hair out so it looked neat, "We thought it would be nice to go swimming this afternoon, what do you think?"

"I...don't really know how to swim. I've never been in a pool before. And isn't it kind of cold?"

"That's ok pup, we'll help you. I think you will find it relaxing. The pool is heated so the water will be warm. I think you'll also discover that alphas are generally quite warm and will be happy to ward off any chill. Yoongi left you some swimming trunks. They will probably be a bit big but hopefully you can just pull the tie as tight as possible."