Chapter 25

Most of the pack was up early the next day, only Taehyung was left in the sleeping den to keep the omega company. They needed to present themselves back to the elder council and nobody was looking forward to it. Today was the day Jungkook was supposed to be able to shift on command. Everyone was pretty sure the only way he'd shift on command was if Namjoon forced him to with his alpha voice. They could only hope the elder council would listen to reason and give their omega more time to get comfortable in the pack first.

The previous day Taehyung told the other alpha's that he was relatively convinced that Jungkook wouldn't be forced to shift. His foresight was muted because it didn't work so well within the pack, but he was pretty sure the elder council wouldn't require the omega to transition to his wolf form. Everyone clung to that hope, lifting the mood a bit as they prepared to present themselves.

When Jungkook and Taehyung made it down the stairs the remainder of the pack was already gathered round the table to have breakfast together. After the food was served Namjoon cleared his throat to get everyone's attention.

"We all need to present ourselves to the elder council today. I expect that they will have some choice words for Jimin based on what happened at the last meeting, and of course they are interested in seeing Jungkook again."

Everyone nodded in agreement, Jimin looking a bit sheepish at the scolding he was certain to endure.

"Chim, let me speak for all of us here, even if you get trouble from the elder council everyone here appreciates what you did last time. You protected our omega and our pack. Thank you."

Jimin nodded his head proudly, thankful he could already put his gift to good use even if it was just to protect his small pack.

"Kookie, the last time we went to visit the elder council you weren't exactly at your best, I'm sure you don't remember much."

Jungkook nodded in agreement. If he was honest he really didn't remember anything that had happened that day, he barely even remembered being mated to most of her pack.

"In good news you're doing a lot better now. I'm sure the council will be glad to see you are recovering. Before we go I have one request for you and one piece of advice."

"Anything alpha, whatever you say I'll do."

Namjoon gave a small smile. He could see the omega defaulting to his natural inclination to defer to the alpha but he also sensed anxiety underneath it all. The pup clearly was hoping that his alphas would take care of him today and help him steer clear from any potential incidents.

"First of all, I want to make sure that you are always holding one of our hands. I think all of us will feel more comfortable that way. Can you do that?"

"Yes, of course," Jungkook quickly replied. "I think I'd prefer that too."

"Good. The other thing to know is the elder council is exclusively alphas and as a whole they are quite conservative and traditional, some would say old fashioned in their views. I know that a collection of the elders will be offended if an omega speaks to them directly. Right or wrong that's just the way they see things. Even if they ask you a direct question it would be easiest if you just let one of us alphas answer for you. And you probably want to keep your eyes looking down a bit. Some of the more conservative alphas also don't like omegas making direct eye contact, they view it as disrespectful."

"Ok, I can do that too. I'm..." Jungkook trailed off but the rest of his pack waited patiently for him to think through what he wanted to say. "I'm just afraid I'm going to embarrass everyone. I'm sorry if I do that. I've just never done anything like this before."

Yoongi reached over to give the omega a small hug. "We know pup, you'll do just fine and we'll all be right there with you."

Jimin cut off the conversation with a clap of his hands. "Pup, early today some of your clothes were delivered. Let's find the perfect outfit for today shall we?" The alpha was already out of his seat and coming to collect the omega to get him dressed for the day.

It seemed while some of the other alpha's were getting ready to visit the elder council Jimin had been busy unpacking the boxes of clothes that had arrived a few hours ago. Everything was hanging neatly in the shared pack closet. The omega's section of clothing was distinct from the others in that it was filled with white and other pastel colored clothing.

Even having space in the pack closet made Jungkook's heart race a bit. Clothes that they had picked for him were hanging right next to their own clothes taking up the same space. He truly felt like part of the pack.

Jungkook really didn't even know where to start looking. When he lived with his parents he just had a few pairs of blue jeans, some white t-shirts and a couple of sweatshirts. He didn't have occasion to need anything else and it wasn't like they could afford it anyway. It was no difficulty picking out what to wear each day when you don't have many options. This was a totally different situation.

Luckily Jimin quickly sorted through the racks for him and after pulling out just a few outfits selected one for the omega to try on.

"Why don't you go ahead and take a shower and then try this on, we'll see how it fits ok?"

Jungkook nodded in agreement, scurrying into the bathroom to wash up. He loved being able to use his alpha's soaps and shampoos. They were so luxurious compared to what he had growing up. Add to that the warm water being able to take as long as he wanted in the shower, it truly was a special luxury.

Even so he didn't want to be wasteful and he knew that Jimin was waiting for him. Stepping out of the shower he quickly dried his body and hair and began to slip on the clothes the alpha had provided. They looked like they might be uncomfortable compared to what he was used to wearing but as soon as they were on his body he changed his mind. They were soft. So, so soft. Everything fit perfectly and it was incredibly comfortable. Even the alpha's clothes weren't this nice to wear.

Jungkook quietly slipped out of the bathroom and the moment Jimin laid eyes on him the alpha's face lit up and he began to clap. "You are absolutely gorgeous. It's a good thing we're mated otherwise I'm sure another alpha would try to steal you away." Jimin quickly ran his hand all over the omega, smoothing out any last wrinkles and convincing himself that the clothes fit just right. Finally satisfied he grabbed the omega by the hand and tugged him to follow him downstairs where the rest of the alphas were gathering as they got ready to leave.

"Tada! Look at our beautiful omega." Jimin shouted as he held his hands out as if presenting Jungkook to the rest of the pack.

Jungkook heard low rumbles from some of the surrounding alphas which made him stiffen. "Is it not ok? Are you upset?"

Yoongi quickly came closer, still rumbling. "It's perfect, pup. If anyone is upset it's only because we're jealous that others will likely be longing for our omega. This rumbling you hear is satisfaction and pride that you are in our pack and you are really, and I mean really, beautiful."

Jungkook hid his face behind his hands as all of the alphas came closer to smother him with compliments and gentle pecks to his cheeks, nose, and hair.

"Ok everyone, it's time for us to get going." Hobi was the first to break up the admiration of Jungkook knowing they didn't want to start off on the wrong foot with the elder council by arriving late. They all piled into one car together, a driver up front with Namjoon sitting next to them and everyone else squeezed into the back rows.

"Alright guys, let's go meet the council so we can get back home where we belong."