Chapter 18

Jungkook was looking forward to breakfast, recognizing that many of the foods that were new to him were truly delicious. By now the alphas had gotten into a regular habit of serving him but had learned to give him more reasonably sized servings, noticing he was struggling to eat all the food they piled on his plate.

As soon as breakfast was done Jimin was at Jungkook's chair picking him up to carry him away. "Can we look at some clothes for you pup? We'd let you wear ours forever but you might want something that fits a little better and is more suited to an omega."

Jungkook politely nodded, allowing Jimin to take him to the living room. "We'll just order your clothes online and have them delivered. Most omegas don't like going out so soon after mating. Does that work for you?" Jimin kissed the head of the omega as he nodded yes.

As far as Jungkook was concerned he only needed a few things. He wasn't really familiar with all of the occasions wolves dressed for and growing up he was rather poor, getting just the essentials and only as necessary.

Jimin's view of "the essentials" clearly was relatively far off from Jungkook's, leading to some awkwardness as the omega declined most of the clothes while Jimin kept putting them in the online basket.

"I'm pretty sure you must be an omega size small. Even for an omega you are pretty petite," Jimin sized his littlest packmate by eye, hoping most of the clothes would fit.

Jungkook had a bit of sticker shock at the total price but Jimin assured him money was no issue now that he was part of the supreme pack. Even so Jungkook wanted to be respectful. A few of the outfits cost more than his father made in a month. It wasn't in his nature to be so casual about spending money.

After they finished, Jimin invited the omega to spend a bit more time with him relaxing. "All of us want to spend some time with you over the next few days. Can we snuggle and chat for a bit?"

Jungkook nodded yes, happy to curl up close to the alpha even if he wasn't sure what they would talk about.

"I'd love to hear more about how you grew up, or maybe I could tell you more about me?" Jimin offered, wanting to draw closer but not wanting to make the omega uncomfortable.

"I'd like to hear about you. I feel like there is so much I didn't learn about packs and I want to know more. And I'm not sure my story is very interesting."

"I want to learn every single thing about you but if you'd like I can tell you first about how I joined the pack. I think you'll be surprised to learn we have some things in common." After he was sure the omega was comfortably relaxed in his hold, Jimin began to tell his story.

"Even though I'm not the youngest of the alphas in this pack, I was the last to join the pack. I grew up in a pack outside Busan, the ethereal pack. My father and mother owned a cafe to support me and my younger brother."

"In school we always learned about the supreme pack. There are long gaps from one supreme pack and the next but we'd begun to hear about members of the new supreme pack being found. It was about the right gap from the previous supreme pack so that was no real surprise."

"It felt like everyone in my school wanted to be part of the supreme pack. I wish I could say it didn't matter to me if I was selected but that wasn't true. Every night I prayed to the moon goddess that I would be one of the few alphas called to be a part of the pack. I daydreamed about what kind of secret powers I would have and all of my time with my friends was spent pretending we were supreme alphas."

Here Jimin paused his story to ask the omega a question that had been weighing on his mind, "It seems like almost everyone I knew growing up wanted to be part of the supreme pack. Did you ever imagine what it would be like to be part of the supreme pack Kookie?"

"Not really?" Jungkook answered but Jimin could tell he felt unsure of his answer. "I knew there was a supreme pack but I wouldn't have really known that a new pack was coming together. I kind of just assumed wolves knew right when they were born if they were part of that pack. I don't know, I guess I just didn't know much about it so I filled in the blanks in my own mind."

"That makes perfect sense if you didn't grow up in a pack. I totally understand." After a brief pause to gently rub the omega's back in encouragement, Jimin continued with his story.

"By the time I was approaching twelve years old everyone knew that five supreme alphas had been found, including one that was younger than me. I felt like it was a clear sign that I wasn't ever going to be that special."

"In good news I'd always been a good student. I worked hard and my teachers liked me. Even though I was terribly disappointed to not be picked, at least I knew I was getting a good education and as an alpha I'd have the opportunity to find a good job. Maybe that would be enough."

"It was only a few months after I'd abandoned any hope of being part of the supreme pack when I shifted for the first time. It only took a minute for the shock to turn into excitement and then joy. I felt like I'd won the lottery. It was the happiest day of my life for a long long time. Right up until we found you, then that became the happiest day of my life."

Jungkook hid in the alpha's neck feeling shy in response to his kind words.

"Oh pup, you better get used to your alphas saying things like that because we are never ever going to stop." Jimin rubbed the omega's back trying to settle him before he continued.

"When alphas shift they are supposed to report to the nearest village elder. That elder brings them to the elder council where they prove they can shift, the first step in joining the supreme pack."

"That same day I first shifted I moved in with the others. It was kind of overwhelming. They all knew each other and had been training for a while. Even though they were kind and welcoming I didn't feel like I fit in very well. Everything was so new and overwhelming, it took a while to adjust."

"Do you want to know what helped?" Jimin asked the omega in his arms, smiling when he felt him nod yes.

"Time. But less than I expected. It wasn't long before I felt like I'd caught up to the others. I think it helped that they really embraced our being part of a pack that worked together. They worked hard to comfort me when it was hard to be away from my family and spent so much time teaching me everything they had already learned about being part of the supreme pack."

"But you are an alpha and you grew up in a pack. I feel like, I don't know, like I can never possibly get there." Jungkook knew he wasn't supposed to interrupt an alpha but at the same time he felt like Jimin was encouraging him to consider this in the context of his own circumstances.

"I know," Jimin whispered into his hair. "I know that in some ways it will be hard. But I promise you pup, in other ways it will be easier. We are all so naturally drawn to you as our omega, that passion and drive we have to see you happy and comfortable, well, it's hard to explain it. Just know that each one of us, both as a pack and individually, would do anything for you. Anything at all."

"But don't you just have to? I know you need me for your powers but that doesn't necessarily mean you like me for me."

"Oh Kookie, trust me, each and every one of us likes you for you. It is true, you are necessary for our pack for us to have our full powers. But you are also necessary for our pack because our love for you cements us together. I don't think you will ever be able to understand how much we adore you pup. You have an incredible ability to draw people in."

Jungkook once again hid his face in the alpha's chest. He had a lot to think about. He wasn't quite sure he believed everything Jimin said but he did feel comforted knowing he'd also gone through a phase of feeling insecure. If Jimin could get past it then maybe, just maybe, he could too.