Chapter 20

Jungkook was woken by a gentle voice whispering in his ear while fingers ran through his hair. He had no idea how long he had been sleeping.

"There's our baby boy," the soothing voice murmured. "It's time to get up and have some lunch."

Jungkook cracked his eyes open to see Jin peering at him as he carefully nudged him toward awakeness. "Are you ready to have something to eat? It sounds like you had a good morning with Jimin and Yoongi."

Jungkook offered a soft smile as he nodded. He had really enjoyed his morning. While he still felt like he hardly knew anything about the pack they continued to demonstrate that if nothing else they were nice. Which is much more than some omegas experience.

Jungkook slid off the couch and reached out to Jin's waiting hand. The alpha tugged him close for a hug before they went to join the others for the meal. His chair was once again missing from the table but Taehyung patted his legs inviting the omega to sit on his lap.

Jungkook shyly sat down, taking a minute to bury his face in the alpha's chest. The soothing scent was comfortable as he was still waking up from his deep sleep.

Taehyung had already filled his plate and began feeding the omega in his lap, lightly nuzzling his cheek between bites.

"Pup, can I scent you after lunch? I feel like we haven't taken the opportunity to scent you since the mating." All of the alphas had been discussing it earlier today, they missed the closeness that came with scenting but a few of them were also getting restless, needing to reestablish their bond with the omega.

When he felt Jungkook hesitate he reassured him. "I'll be careful to avoid any tender areas. Does that work?"

The omega seemed reluctant but agreed. Taehyung at least wanted to give it a try, seeing if their newest mate might be further settled after they got started.

Jungkook was relatively silent for the rest of the meal which wasn't so unusual, he often just listened to the alphas talk as they ate.

"Come here pup, let's go get comfortable on the couch together." Of all of the alphas, Taehyung was becoming the most anxious about how long it had been since he'd scented their omega. He just loved touch and his wolf constantly seemed to be calling to him to ensure the omega was drowning in the scents of the pack.

Taehyung laid Jungkook back and shifted to hover over him, gently brushing their noses together. The omega was staring at him with his big doe eyes that drew the alpha in, needing to be as close as the omega allowed.

Scenting had many purposes in a pack but primarily it was used to affirm a relationship between wolves and to provide an emotional connection. It was a way to show and receive care and affection, to allow yourself to relax in the hold of your mate.

Taehyung dipped his lips to Jungkook's neck and gently brushed along his scent gland. After not receiving any response he returned to the sensitive area, starting to cover it with kisses while carefully monitoring the omega for any signs of distress or discomfort. He continued to proceed slowly, making sure to avoid the omega's still healing wounds.

"Baby, you are doing so good." Taehyung whispered to him. "Doesn't it feel nice?"

Jungkook hummed in response.

Taehyung continued his scenting, moving to open mouth kisses and soft licks along with the occasional nip, but only with his lips to avoid even the smallest bit of discomfort.

By now normally an omega would be fully relaxed, about to drift into a deep contented sleep. As the alpha continued he noticed the omega wasn't relaxing in his grasp. He wasn't shying away, but he remained stiff as a board.