Chapter 7

They hoped to have a few days before they were summoned to the elders but they received the call the next day. Their omega was still recovering from his shift, so only Namjoon and Hobi went to the meeting, hoping to hold the elders at bay for at least a little longer.

They hadn't even finished their bows of respect when the elders were starting to whisper. "Where is the rest of your pack?" the head elder hissed, expecting the full complement of the supreme pack to present themselves including their newest mate.

"Our omega is still recovering from his first shift and isn't able to travel yet. We know most packs get six months to bond, we expected to have a bit more time." Namjoon kept his cool on the surface even though he was seething underneath.

"If you hadn't taken so long to find him you would have more time. Unfortunately that is no longer an option," and elder insisted in response.

"We will bring him when he is capable of traveling. That isn't possible right now." Hobi was committed to defending the omega and the rest of his pack at any cost.

"You should know that the omega of the current supreme pack is critically ill. She is expected to pass on to join the moon goddess within the week. We must meet your omega before that happens and ensure the pack has fully bonded so your powers are complete." The elder really was having none of the defiance that Namjoon and Hobi were showing the council.

"And if we don't comply. If we don't mate by then?" Namjoon continued to challenge them, recognizing it was probably a losing fight but emboldened by the need to protect his omega.

"Then we will come to you. If you haven't mated you will be powerless against us, so one way or another the mating will happen within the next seven days. Am I understood?"

Namjoon glared in response, not wanting to agree but recognizing the council had the upper hand. If they didn't mate their powers would not come into effect and they could never stand against the council. At the same time their omega hadn't even met the rest of the pack, his exhaustion so overwhelmingly deep.

The pack wasn't interested in forced mating their omega. It would undermine their whole relationship before it even started. But the council knew they had leverage to force the issue if necessary. It was time for Namjoon to have a serious conversation with the pack. He was itching to return back so he could ensure his omega remained safe and protected.

"I understand. Give us seven days, I promise it will be taken care of by the next time I return." Namjoon politely bowed his head even though he was seething inside.

"Then we will see you in seven days with your omega. Don't be late." With one last head nod of dismissal the council stood to leave the room.

Namjoon stormed out the opposite door, frustrated with the situation but recognizing he had very few choices.

Hobi gently rubbed his back as they walked down the hallway. "Let's just get home. I think when we are back with the rest of the pack everything will feel better."

Namjoon intertwined his fingers with his packmate's, pulling him to a stop so they could face each other. "Thank you for coming with me. I'm not sure what I would do otherwise."

As soon as they were back at the pack house Namjoon couldn't help but go to the den, needing to assure himself that their omega remained safe and cared for. Jin was sitting up against the headboard, the omegas head resting on his lap as he carded his fingers through the little wolf's hair.

"How did it go?" Jin asked, already sensing Namjoon's upset but hoping he might be misinterpreting the signals.

"We should talk as a pack. Let's meet in the living room in 30 minutes. It would be best if the omega is there too."