Chapter 13

The pack was now fully focused on supporting Jungkook as he recovered. Several of them were not so secretly wishing that someone among their ranks would have the gift of healing but the moon goddess obviously had other plans in mind.

Hobi brought the omega directly to the sleeping den and began to carefully unbutton his shirt, gently sliding it over his shoulders to help him cool off. Moving to his pants he slipped the flowy material off in an effort to make their mate more comfortable.

Cool towels were immediately pressed to his sweaty skin, comforting the small wolf.

"Hurts", he mumbled out. The skin around the bite marks was a blistering red and every time he moved even a small amount the omega would cry out.

"Maybe we should call a healer just to make sure nothing is wrong. I would feel better if someone else had seen him." Hobi had felt the omega shaking in pain every time he jostled him when they went to the council and it took everything he had to keep going, knowing how painful it was to his mate.

Yoongi pulled out a phone to place the call and after a few muttered words ended the connection. "She'll be here in 30 minutes."

"Come here sweet omega" Taehyung coaxed him to come and rest on the alpha's bare chest, hoping the close contact would help Jungkook as he worked through the pain of the mating. "Don't think about anything but resting. I promise we will take care of everything else. Trust your alphas." Jungkook was barely coherent but still seemed to respond to Taehyung's request, relaxing if only a bit in his embrace. The best they could hope for was to see the omega drift off to sleep, freed from the pain and strain of the mating. In the meantime they would keep close to him, prepared to offer comfort at the first sign of distress.

The healer left them with some painkillers and assurance that the wounds should heal on their own. Cleaning them may create additional problems so she advised them to leave the marks alone. The bites were made to heal themselves and any interference could prolong the process. She offered to return in a few days to check on Jungkook but they could call earlier if they needed her. It was clear from his reaction that the omega didn't like having another wolf near his wounds, which the healer assured them was a natural reaction. Rather than set a time for the healer to return Namjoon promised to call her if they needed her.

As soon as she left all of the alphas crowded around, feeling an overwhelming need to protect and comfort their omega. They were ultimately responsible for his well-being and it pained them to see him struggle on their account.

Namjoon slipped from the room after the pack heard the ding of an incoming call. Everyone assumed it was the elders council calling to chastise them for their behavior earlier today. Uniformly they didn't feel sorry for their actions, instead hoping that Jimin using his obvious full powers would have offered adequate evidence that Jungkook was truly the omega to complete their pack.

Namjoon became quite busy fending off the elder council, refusing to return with Jungkook until he had fully recovered. The council also insisted Jimin come to explain his actions. Using his ability to compel on a council elder was entirely unacceptable and required swift repercussions. Namjoon simply wasn't having any of it, insisting to the elders that if they believed Jimin had a fully developed power to compel it was a clear sign Jungkook was their fated omega.

Similar to Taehyung's ability to foresee, there were indications of what Jimin's gift would be. He had a particular ability to get his way. At first it was attributed to his winning smile, his soft voice, and his undeniable pout and puppy dog eyes. As time went on the pack increasingly believed there was more to it. Now wanting to abuse his ability Jimin used great care when communicating with others, often allowing others in the pack to make requests on his behalf to ensure he didn't accidentally let his ability seep out and influence his interactions. It had always been subtle. What happened with the elders was anything but subtle as he came to full power.