Chapter 15

Through it all Jungkook watched in wonder but he also realized he had no special gift. His mates were truly magically gifted and he was just a wolf. An omega wolf. He returned to picking at his food not sure what else to say as the pack around him celebrated their new abilities.

"'mega? Omega?", Jimin was trying to get Jungkook's attention, eventually coming close and running his fingers down his cheek to try to pull him out of his deep thought, fingers continuing on to skim across his scent gland.

"Huh?" Jungkook jerked to look at him, broken out of his reflection.

"Is everything ok? Are you done with breakfast? It looks like you haven't eaten very much."

"Yeah, just thinking. I'm not very hungry today. Maybe I'm feeling off because my bites are still tender."

"Mmm, hopefully it will be less sensitive soon, is there anything we can do to make you feel better?"

"I'll be ok, I think you're right, maybe just some time."

Jimin smiled softly at the omega. He didn't totally believe him that everything was fine, but he also didn't want to press and make things worse. Their pup would tell them when he was ready.

"Alright then, we're thinking we should head down to the gym so we can help you practice shifting. Are you ready for that?"

Jungkook nodded in agreement, preferring to go back to bed to take some quiet time to think and reflect on everything that had happened. He also hoped he could become a better omega for the pack. If that meant learning to shift, then he'd work as hard as he could.

Jungkook pushed his chair back from the table but was picked up in Jimin's arms before he could even stand. "Let me carry you, little one. Your alphas love to have you in our arms."

Jungkook relaxed in his hold as they followed the rest of the pack down to the large home gym. There was ample space in the middle for all of them to sit on the padded mat. Everyone found space in a circle, Jimin holding Jungkook's hand after he had set him down.

"Omega, we want to work on helping you shift today. It might take a while so don't be frustrated if it doesn't come right away. We'll be here by your side the entire time no matter how long it takes." Jimin gave one of his blisteringly warm smiles to the omega to encourage him.

Jungkook nodded in agreement, waiting to hear more.

"It is easier for alphas to shift than omegas. We can do it faster and it is more natural for us. Omegas can take longer to shift and they are extremely vulnerable during the process. It would be very unusual for an omega to shift without one of their alphas next to them, ensuring the omega stayed safe. We hope that having all of us here might make it easier to shift, fully surrounded by the pack so your wolf knows that you are safe."

Yoongi took over from here, encouraging everyone to close their eyes. He guided Jungkook with his voice, asking him to search deep inside to find his wolf's spirit.

Jungkook was totally bewildered? Search inside? Wolf's spirit? What on earth was he supposed to be doing? His mind was racing as he tried to figure out what to do first.

"Let's try something else that might be easier." Yoongi guided Jungkook to lay in the middle of the room on his back, closing his eyes again. The remainder of the alphas stayed seated around him.

"Let yourself relax fully, sinking into the mat." Yoongi guided Jungkook through some relaxation techniques which seemed to help a bit but Jungkook still had no idea where he should possibly go from here.

The pack tried praying to the moon goddess for support, showing Jungkook how they shifted and hoping he might follow suit, calling to his wolf directly. Nothing was working and as the minutes turned into one hour, then two, Jungkook was becoming increasingly anxious. The only thing he needed to be able to do as the omega of the pack was shift. He had no special powers, he wasn't unique in any other way. But he was failing miserably even though the moon goddess had clearly given him this ability, he'd done it once already.

Hobi began to sense the growing distress of their omega. In order to shift an omega truly needed to be fully relaxed and they were going in reverse at the moment. They'd never get there until Jungkook had calmed down, his anxiety slipping away.

"Guys, why don't you step out and let me talk to our omega for a minute. I think he needs a break."

Before filing out of the room each of the alphas placed a soft kiss on top of their omega's head whispering words of encouragement to him while Jungkook's eyes were firmly cast down toward the ground.

"Come here pup," Hobi's arms were wide open inviting his newest packmate to come and sit on his lap and enjoy being held. Scooting closer until he was safe in his alpha's embrace, Jungkook finally began to settle just a little bit.

"Do you want to tell me what's wrong?"

Jungkook shook his head. He wasn't sure what he could possibly say. Tell the alphas he was useless as an omega? That must already be painfully clear. Let them know that he felt like he didn't fit in? Wasn't it already self-evident considering he was the only ungifted and weak omega among powerful, gifted alphas?

"Then we can just stay like this for a bit." Hobi slowly rocked the small boy in his arms hoping to soothe him into a fully relaxed state.

Shifting the omega in his lap just a bit Hobi began to scent him, subtly moving toward his scent gland in an effort to further lull the omega. They'd all gathered that the omega really enjoyed scenting, his chest would rumble in a low purr whenever one of them scented him before the mating. While almost all omegas were open to scenting, Jungkook seemed to crave it as a comfort to his wolf.

Hobi was surprised when Jungkook jerked away.

"Hey pup, what's wrong? Do you not want me to scent you?"

"I just...I'm worried it might hurt because of the bites. I don't feel so comfortable with that right now."

Hobi backed away a bit and after offering a small peck to the boy's temple, returning to simply rocking them back and forth.

Slowly the omega began to fully relax in his arms, eventually drifting off to sleep. As soon as the alpha was convinced he was fully asleep he moved to bring him upstairs, depositing him in their den so he could be surrounded by their scents, inviting him to fall into a deeper sleep and better rest.

Carefully laying him down and tucking him under some warm blankets, Hobi went back downstairs and gathered everyone else together.

"This isn't working. I think we're going about this all wrong."