Chapter 56

The next few months felt like everything was happening all at once. In a way Jungkook was relieved. The busyness gave him an excuse to not think about what he had heard from his grandfather. He knew he needed to process the information but it was too painful to think about. All those years of loneliness, not just for him but for his parents. And the thought that if he wasn't a part of the supreme pack they would have extended on forever, until he and his parents returned to the moon goddess. His thoughts on his grandfather were so complicated and any efforts to try to figure it out just seemed to confuse him more.

He had been reunited with his parents. His grandfather kept true to his word, removing his parents banishment and relinquishing his spot on the elder counsel the same day he met with Jungkook. His parents had come and spent some time with their son and his pack before relocating back to be near Jungkook's other grandparents, his father's parents who welcomed them back to pack life with open arms. It would be quite an adjustment to them to reintegrate into pack life after so much time away but they nearly cried in relief knowing they would spend their older years surrounded by wolves like them that would care for and protect each other.

The supreme pack remained busy, both continuing to help the elder council transition to a more representative group of leaders and resuming their own duties, protecting wolves, protecting humans, and generally ensuring peace. They began traveling everywhere together, insisting on staying in each other's company to keep themselves strong.

Public sentiments about the supreme pack had totally shifted. They were revered, celebrated. People followed them and sent them gifts constantly. If anything the love and affection they received from others was overwhelming and they were grateful to return home to their private hideout.

Jungkook thrived with his alpha's guidance and support. He was learning to swim although he still preferred to be carried pressed close to one of his packmates. He had taken over a small corner of the garden where he was allowed to experience and learn the entire growing process. He almost burst with pride the first time the pack ate vegetables he grew as part of their meal. And almost every day he continued to learn about wolf culture and history. His alphas served as patient guides, providing him books, lessons, and encouragement to continue learning and growing. He absolutely flourished in the pack structure.

____________________________

Jin had just finished packing the large cooler for their trip. It would be quite a drive but everyone was looking forward to it. The excitement permeated the pack as they piled into the car and turned on the playlist for the long journey.

Driving through wolf and human territory, Jungkook stared out the window admiring the nearly kept home and farms, the towering mountains and valleys, streams, and bridges. There always seemed to be something new to see and he couldn't stop staring in wonder at all he had missed growing up.

After several hours they arrived at the house, the old farm where they had hidden after they got their sweet prince back. They wanted to thank the old lady for her hospitality and see if they could finally satiate their curiosity and figure out who she was and how she knew so much. Mostly they wondered if she was another relative of Jungkook's, seeing as how his grandfather had such a pivotal role in their safe return.

The sun was warm as they piled out of the car to see the farm looking somewhat overgrown. It appeared that it wasn't being tended very closely, perhaps too much for the old woman to manage on her own.

Namjoon led the pack to the door and as he raised his hand to knock, he saw an envelope taped to the door with words sprawled across the outside: "To the supreme pack".

Carefully removing the envelope Namjoon opened it and began to read aloud to his packmates that surrounded him.

My dearest supreme pack,

You're probably asking how I knew you'd come here, how I knew to leave you this note. Let's just say I always understood that it was only a matter of time.

I've left to spend some time with my sister. She's the one who told me you were coming and to make a place of respite for you. She's very wise that way.

She asked me to pass along her love and well wishes. You have already had so much hardship in your lives, both individually and as a pack. She promises you that she will always be on your side and your future will be filled with peace and good things.

She picked each of you because you are so special and unique. But she took the longest to find your omega, your Jungkook. It was hard to find someone to be the perfect complement to your pack. The perfect omega. That's why it took so long.

Continue to treat each other well. You truly are a blessing.

Love, Aunt