chapter three - metal rings

The traffic of LA filled the roads as we travelled around the city. Sam and Colby drove us to key points of the city and some hidden spots they had  found while living here. The sound of faint music filled the car as we all sat in comfortable silence, just appreciating the city of LA. It was shortly broken by the sound of someone's stomach grumbling. Amy and i looked at each other, trying to hold back our laughs, but we failed miserably as we started laughing uncontrollably.

"Shall we stop for some food?" Colby asked laughing.

"We shall!" Amy and i cheered in unison.

We turned down a road and came across and Mcdonald's. Colby got out of the car, followed by Sam, then Amy and lastly me. Standing in the line felt like years although this gave us more time to decide.

"Hey what could i get for you today?" The lady asked behind the register. "Just a large 10pc nugget meal with a Coke please." Colby said.

"And for you?" the worker questioned, looking towards Sam. "Uhhh i'll just get what he got but with a Fanta please." Sam spoke.

They paid for the meals and received their number and walked over to seats to wait.

The worker took our orders. Amy settled for a Medium cheeseburger meal with a Dr Pepper and i just got small fries and a water. We got our number and headed towards the boys.

Small talk filled the air until we heard a shout.
"157! two large 10pc nugget meal with a coke and fanta!" Colby shot his head up, his face smiling with excitement. He got up and headed for his food. Just as he stoop up another voice shouted.
"158! medium cheeseburger meal with dr pepper and small fries with a water!" I stood up, following right behind Colby. We grabbed our food and exchanged a quick smile at each other.

As we began to dig into our meals, Sam spoke up.

"How come you didn't get much to eat Lily?"

My heart began to beat as air got trapped in my lungs. I cleared my throat and looked over at him.

"Oh i'm just not that hungry i guess" i mumbled

Colby shot a worried glance at me but i didn't pay to much attention to it. I was fine and they didn't need to know the real reason. Only Amy and my mum knew the answer to that question.

Sam shrugged his shoulders and got back to stuffing his face with his food.

______________________
______ time skip

"So i know we said we were taking you guys to the location tomorrow but we have a surprise." Colby said. Amy and I raised our heads in confusion, waiting for him to continue on speaking. Suddenly, Sam answered our puzzled looks instead.

"We're actually taking you guys to the location tonight! We'll be there for 1 night and then we will head to the next place tomorrow." Sam grinned

Amy and I smiled as we begged for them to tell us where we were going.

"No can do. That is a surprise. We're going to head home and get ready. We won't have to much time since we need to check in at 4pm." Colby spoke

Once we arrived back at their house, Amy and i raced to our room and began to get ready. I figured since we were exploring i would wear something simple yet cute.

 I figured since we were exploring i would wear something simple yet cute

^^^ Lily's outfit

If i'm being honest, Amy's outfit was a bit too much but who am i too judge. She's simply just trying to impress the boys. I cant lie though, she did look good. I just didn't think it was really practical for exploring.

 I just didn't think it was really practical for exploring

^^^ Amys outfit

We walked out and there were Sam and Colby waiting for us.

"Are you sure you wont get cold?" Colby said while looking at Amy. She just shrugged and walked off, swaying her hips as she went down the stairs. It took everything in me not to laugh at how hard she was trying to impress them. Sam and Colby looked at each other, making facial expressions i couldn't quite make out. It was almost as if they were reading each others minds. Sam rolled his eyes and Colby sighed but then turned to look at me.

"At least you dressed well." Colby mumbled while looking me up and down.

"Yeah she's a bit...obsessed.." I replied

Colby scoffed, shook his head then smiled. We all walked downstairs and we're met with a very angry Amy.

"Took you all long enough. What we're you talking about?" Amy spat.

Colby and Sam seemed taken back by the way she spoke.

I rolled my eyes then sighed. "I was trying to convince them to tell us where we were going but no luck." Well played lily, well played. The boys just laughed as they grabbed their stuff.

"We all ready to go?" Sam said.

We all nodded and began to head out the front door.

"Wait! Put these on." Sam said while smirking.
He handed us two black blindfolds. Great. Now we weren't going to find out until we got there. We placed them over our eyes but started to stumble out the door since we couldn't see where we were going. A hand grabbed ahold of my arm and guided me out of the door and towards the car. The feel on their hands on me and the cold metal pressing against my skin sent butterflies up me. I cant be feel like this, can i?