chapter 15 - date

Today was the day i finally did something for me. I wasn't necessarily jumping to get into a relationship, to fall in love, have kids and get married until we're both old and our hairs are going grey. What harm could a small date do to one though?

"Lily! What are you going to wear tonight? Please say nothing because i have a perfect outfit." Amy begged as she made herself comfortable on my bed as i started getting ready for the day.

"I don't know yet you idiot. Plus, i'm not leaving till 6:30 and it's only 9am. I have a shift to get through, which i already know is going to suck. I'll figure it out later, and if i have nothing, you can give me the outfit." I slipped into my shoes and picked up my keys, putting them into my small handbag.

"You have to at least be the tiniest bit excited. You haven't done this in so long. I'm only looking out for you." Amy skipped out of my bedroom, slightly hitting her elbow on the way out, causing her to wince quietly. I shook my head laughing.

I loved this about Amy. She had always been so well prepared, meanwhile, i just go with the flow. I won't lie, some things in my life wouldn't have gone as smoothly if it wasn't for her. For example, prom night, senior year. My dress had arrived the day of prom and didn't fit my body. She was like my saving grace. She handed me a spare dress, worrying that something like this might have happened. At the end of the night, i ended up loving the dress more than my original one.

-

I arrived at my job, placing my apron over my head and tying it tightly around my back. I would only be working for 5 hours today. Unfortunately for me, it was a friday, meaning we were going to be short on staff. It had always been like this though on friday's so you could say i got pretty used to it. All the stress of too many orders to count or not enough hands felt like a walk in the park.

-
The little bell rang as i locked the cafe doors behind me. The only part that wasn't great about working friday shifts was being put on opening and closing. It made me enough money to survive throughout the week though. While working, my phone was buzzing in my pocket during the entire shift. I knew it was going to be Amy, only because she knew about my plans later tonight. To my surprise, i had received a message from a number i didn't recognise, besides the million texts from my best friend.

**********
Can't wait to see you tonight barista girl x

It was the mysterious guy i was seeing tonight. It freaked me out a little how i didn't even bother to get his name considering im meant to ask every customer.

Lily
see you soon stranger

-

"Okay okay fine i'll wear whatever you've been dying to make me wear" I threw my hands up in defense. Amy and I had been discussing what i would be wearing tonight, however, she was not happy with any of my options. She raced off into her room in a split second. Sitting down on my bed, i waited for her to return back to my room. I was expecting her to bring in some big ball gown but too my surprise it wasn't. She laid down the outfit on the bed, grinning at her selection.

A white graphic shirt with a pair of blue jeans.

"Then to complete the outfit..wear your white air force one's and maybe a necklace or two. What do you think?"

Jumping up, i engulfed Amy in the biggest hug. I wasn't lying when i said she was my saving grace. She truely was.

Frightening me, my phone buzzed loudly.