chapter 11 - regret?

Sam took it as his cue to leave and he exited the room. Colby sat down on the bed next to me, without saying a word. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

"So...what do you need to talk to me about?"

I was almost positive Sam had texted Colby about this. Honestly, I was kind of hurt at the fact Sam had told him. I really didn't want others to know but i suppose it was too late for that.

Colby sighed and looked up at me. Nervousness was the only was to describe how i felt in situation.

"Amy is right. We did kiss."

My stomach dropped to the floor. I was speechless. I was praying that Amy had been lying. She had always liked to stir up drama but turns out this was real and actually happened.

"Earth to Lily? Hello?" Colby was waving his hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my trance.

"Sorry..i'm just i don't even know. I'm still in shock." He nodded his head, understanding how i felt.

"Look Lily," Colby reached down and picked up my hands, holding them in his own.

"I don't regret the kiss..at all. I get it if you regret it. I can take you to the airport now. We don't even have to speak about this. I get it you were drunk and probably didn't mea"

"Colby stop." I cut him off from his ramble. I sharply inhaled and began to speak. "Even though i don't remember it, i don't necessarily regret it."

I released a breath i didn't even know i was holding in. Tears began to flood into my eyes. Standing up, i raced out his door and down the stairs. I bursted through the front door and sat on the side path. I didn't know why I was crying or why i was upset.

Footsteps approached me from behind but i didn't dare turn around. The stranger wrapped their arms around me tightly. I knew it wasn't Colby which i was slightly happy about. Turning around, my eyes met with a familiar face. It was Tara.

"You ok? You ran out the front door pretty fast. Colby just watched you leave. Did something happen between you two?"

He watched me leave and didn't say anything?

"Uh yeah i guess something happened. We kisssd at the party and now Amy is really mad at me. The worst thing is, Colby and Amy both remember the kiss but i don't." I rambled

She just nodded her head and sat down on the curve beside me.

"Honestly, it sounds like the kiss was a heat of the moment type of thing. Why is it so bad that you guys kissed?"

Anger and sadness rushed over me. I was too embarrassed to admit the truth.

"I don't know i guess i just don't want to ruin the trip but i clearly have. Now that Amy's back home, Colby and i's conversation didn't go very far and now here i am." I just wanted to go home.

Tara understood and helped me stand up. We walked back inside and i immediately went to go pack my bag. I was sad i'm leaving but i couldn't take this embarrassment anymore.

Knocking on Sam's door, i waited for him to open it. My eyes trailed up to a pair of blue eyes that i recognised. It was silent for a second. I didn't know what to do or say.

"Uhm Lily your flight is soon. Are you ready to go?" Sam said from the bed. My cheeks were stained with my pervious tears as i looked up at him, softly smiling while giving him a nod.

The car ride started off awkward, an uncomfortable silence taking up the car, with a quiet cough or sniffle every now and then.

"We had so much fun guys...truely. Thank you for this experience. I'm never going to forget it and i know Amy isn't going to shut up about it until she's dead." I said, attempting to make this drive just a little less painful.

Sam looked over at Colby, not a single word was said, yet somehow they knew exactly what each other were saying.

"We wanted to actually talk to you about something..." Colby said, turning around to face me.

A/N: oh my gosh she finally updated! thank you all for the support. i took a break and forgot all about this. i honestly didn't expect it to reach anybody or if anyone would actually enjoy it. thank u all sm!