chapter seven - favourite

Birds chirped as the bright sun poured into the tent. I opened my eyes and was met with a sleeping Colby. His hair was all messy and he was lightly snoring. He looked so peaceful, laying there, fast asleep. I sat up and stretched, then decided to head out of the tent.

I closed it behind me and walked over to the camp chairs. The sun displayed colours all throughout the morning sky.

6:34am

The light of my phone pained my eyes. I scrolled through instagram to catch up on everything.

ColbyBrock

So excited for you guys to see the new video coming soon

So excited for you guys to see the new video coming soon. Here's a sneak peak :)
150,000 likes
Comments
@colbysleftnipple - oh my god
@user6392729 - hopefully sam took this photo and not one of those ugly girls
@colbyismyluv reply to @user6392729 - what is wrong with you?

I turned my phone off. I didn't need to see the things people had to say about me.

"Morning Lil's" a tired voice said behind me.

I turned around and was met with the blue eyed boy.

"Morning Colbs, how did you sleep?" i questioned

"Not too bad. Could've been better if you weren't snoring so loud." He chuckled. My mouth dropped open at his statement. Did i really?

"I do NOT snore." i said

He just smiled while shaking his head. I rolled my eyes and went back onto my phone.

We sat in silence while we waited for the others to wake up.

An hour passed by and neither of the two had come out of their tent.

"I'm gonna go wake them up. They're wasting away such a beautiful day." i spoke to Colby.

He nodded and went back down to his phone.

"RISE AND SHINE SLEEPYHEADS." i yelled at the pair sleeping. Amy and Sam both jolted upwards in shock. Amy rubbed her eyes as she yawned while Sam glared at me. I couldn't help but laugh at how mad they both looked.

"It's such a nice day and you both are just being boring and sleeping." I grinned

"Just go and do something with Colby. You can take the car. Few more hours." Sam groaned while passing the car keys in my direction. I shrugged, picked the keys off the tent ground and walked away.

Colby shot me a puzzled look when he noticed i had the keys in my hand.

"Let's got for a drive. I've got Sam's permission."

He shrugged and hoped into the drivers seat of the car. As we drove off, the cold, morning breeze hit my face as my hair blew in the wind. It was peaceful.

Time skip
____________

We arrived at a Mcdonald's since it was the closest place near us, considering we were quite far away. We walked inside and ordered our food.

"Uhh i'll just get pancakes and a large orange juice." Colby said to the worker.

I was expecting him to pay for his food and find a table, instead, he asked what i wanted.

"Oh uhm it's okay i can get my own food." i mumbled.

He sent a glare in my direction. He would pay and i had no choice but to accept it.

"Just a hash brown and a large diet coke."

"Make it two hash browns." Colby added to my sentence.

I was confused since I only wanted one but decided he probably wanted one himself. He paid for our food and we headed to a table that was next to a window.

"Thank you." I spoke softly

He smiled and just stared at me. His eyes travelled all around my face. To be confused was an understatement. Why was he looking at me like that?

"Is there something on my face?" I laughed

His eyes went wide and he quickly teared his gaze away and down to his hands.

"Oh uhm no just zone out."

I smiled at his reply.

After what felt like forever, our food was ready. The worker came over with a tray and placed it in front of us. She wished us a good day and walked back to behind the counter.

Colby grabbed his food and i grabbed mine, leaving the extra hasbrown on the tray. He looked at me, back down to the hash brown, then back up to me. I shook my head, indicating that i didn't want it. He picked it up and placed it in front of me. I sighed and began to eat.

Back at the campsite.

The sun was now glistening down onto my skin and the sky was blue. Sam and Amy finally decided to get up and take down the tents. We packed up the rest of our gear besides the camp chairs. We all took our seats and waited for someone to break the silence.

"Are you guys ready to go back home tomorrow night?" Sam questioned.

Realisation hit me. This was our last night in los Angelas. All the memories i had made here in such short time was coming to an end. I really didn't think i would enjoy this trip as much as i had. There is a part of me that does miss my home. I miss my mum and the familiar roads i've lived on. I was going to miss this place though. The busy streets and city lights. The beaches. These memories. The one thing i was going to miss though was Sam and Colby. Their company was so nice and i loved hanging out with them. I'm sure Amy wasn't going to handle it well though. We would probably never see them again. Sure, i had Colby's number, but that probably meant nothing.

"Lily? What about you?" Amy asked

I snapped back into reality. They must have been waiting for me to talk.

"Sorry what? i spaced out." I awkwardly replied

"What was your favourite part of the trip so far?" Amy replied

I thought long and hard. The queen mary. Meeting Sam and Colby. The flight here. Winning the competition. Cigarets early in the morning. Last night with Colby also popped into my head.

"Probably last night. I haven't been camping in ages so it was nice. This place is so beautiful too." I answered.

Colby looked over at me and smiled. I returned the smile and faced back towards Amy. Her eyes were glaring into mine. It felt like she was stabbing me even though she wasn't. I rolled my eyes and turned away. I wasn't going to let her ruin the moment just because i said something involving Colby. She acts as if i'm going to try and get with him. That would never happen in a million years.