chapter six - nicknames

Colby's POV
______________

Hold on..

What did she call me?

Cheer up Colbs, this is meant to be fun and full of happiness

Colbs

I like it. No..i love it.

"Nickname already huh?" I laughed

A red tint began to fill her face. Embarrassment washed over. An unfamiliar tension filled the air.

"Don't stress love. It's cute." I said quietly.

She smiled, grabbed my hand to help me up and we walked out the tent.

Sam and Amy were sat on the ground of the forest floor. As soon as they heard us, Amy's head shot up. Anger filled her face. I thought she was glaring at me, until i notice she was giving it to Lily. Is this seriously about what she thought she saw?

It was just a simple, friendly hug.

right?

I walked over to the other tent that laid sadly on the ground. Sam noticed what i was doing and stood up to come help me.

The girls had to take over for us since we failed miserably at setting it up. After a few minutes, the tent was finally up and we were ready to start the fire.

Lily's POV
___________

We picked up all the sticks and branches and placed them in a pile in front of both of the tents. I was praying nightfall would take ages to arrive. I already knew Amy was going to have a go at me about what she thinks she saw.

Sam pulled out a box of matches and began to light the wood on fire. A flame caught onto the wood and began to spread.

Amy had placed camp chairs all around the fire, along with a small table full of snacks. I bent down and put a marshmallow on a stick, gently hovering it over the fire.

We all sat there around the fire, making small talk, enjoying the wildlife and how nice it felt to be away from the busy streets of LA.

Before we knew it, the sun had set and it was getting late.

"I think i'm gonna go to bed guys. It's getting late." Sam said while rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah me too. Goodnight guys." Amy said.

I watched Amy stand up and head to wards the tents. But too my surprise, she went into the same one as Sam. Colby and i looked at each other, confused on what was happening.

"Did she just?" I said

"Yeah...she did." Colby replied.

Realisation hit me. I would be sharing a tent with Colby. Don't get me wrong i didn't mind at all, but i was expecting to get a stern yelling from Amy tonight.

The fire had faded so Colby and i headed into our tent.

"I hope you don't mind sharing with me..it wasn't meant to be like this i don-" Colby ranted but i cut him off.

"Stop stressing brock i don't mind at all."

He smiled and pulled the blanket up over him. We laid there peacefully side by side, taking in each others presence.

I let my eyes rest and was submerged with the darkness. As i just about to drift off to sleep, i felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

Colby

I placed my hands on top of his and he pulled me close to him. With bodies pressed right against each other, warmth flooded into my body. The feeling of his arms around me, his head resting on top of mine, my hands tracing his arms. It all felt so perfect.

A wave of sadness washed over me. I knew this moment wouldn't last forever. I would eventually have to go back home. Thoughts flooded my head. Was i the only one? Or was he like this with every girl he meets? Did i actually mean something to him? Would he forget about me? I knew i would never forget about him.

"Are you like this with every girl you meet.." i mumbled half asleep.

His arms went loose around me.

Silence

Maybe i shouldn't have asked that.

"No lily. There's something special about you. I don't want to be all cheesy and say you're not like other girls, but you aren't like them at all. I'm not too sure what it is yet. There's something about you though." He spoke, reassuring me.

"Will you ever forget about me?"

"That's what i was going to ask you. Can i trust you?" Colby said.

I rolled over and faced him. I nodded my head, confused on what he was talking about. He reached behind him, grabbed his phone and handed it to me.

"I'm confused. Why are you giving me your phone" i asked

"Put your number in Lils." He spoke

I was taken back. He wanted my number. He also gave me a nickname. Did this mean we would stay in touch?

I opened up the contacts app and clicked on + button.

***** *** ***

Lils 🖤

Perfect.

I gave his phone back to him. When he saw the contact name i had put, he grinned. Colby placed his phone down and snaked his arms back ground me. Placing my hand on his head, i fiddled with his hair. After a few minutes, Colby was out like a light. He looked so cute while sleeping.

With the thought of Colby on my mind, i drifted into a deep sleep.

A/N: short chapter but i just wanted to add more detail about Colby and Lily flirting. Hope you enjoyed this chapter