chapter 16 - the mall

COLBY'S POV

The house was constantly filled with arguing, laughter and a whole lot of screaming. Corey was shouting down the whole house while filming a video, Sam and Katrina were laughing about who knows what and Jake was most likely arguing with someone on a live.

It's crazy how time goes by so fast when you're on your phone. Once you unlock it, you almost get sucked into a trance that's hard to escape.

Scrolling through instagram, i came across a familiar face.

Lily Wells

-

LILY'S POV

"Amy wake up it's saturday! I finally have a day off let's go do something." Banging on her door, bright and early in the morning, excited for what the day had ahead for us. Amy groaned as i was greeted with a wild beast. Her hair was sticking up from all different directions, makeup smeared across her face and her pants halfway up her legs.

"Well don't you look hot. Get dressed..and maybe fix your hair and makeup. Let's go do something."

Amy groaned one last time and she slammed her door in my face.

Heading downstairs i decided to make us some breakfast as it would bring Amy out of her bad mood. the only way she would get up was if we had a good.

The smell of waffles wandered through the kitchen as Amy walked downstairs.

"What's your amazing day full of that you just had to wake me up for?" Amy said as she filled her mouth with half of her waffle. It concerned me how she could possibly fit it in there.

"Well..i did a little research i thought we could go explore something abandoned." I cheerfully replied.

Amy's body froze in place, mouth wide open, dropping her fork down onto her plate. "You? Lily Wells. Exploring? I call bullshit."

"You only get one chance at life. What if i'm up for a little challenge." I said as i pulled out two bottles of water from the fridge.

"I'm not even going to finish this. Let's go right now." Amy immediately jumped up out of her chair and started to grab her things.

"Slow down hold on..don't you at least want to know where we are going?" I picked up my belongings, attempting to catch up to her fast pace actions. She shook her head and raced towards the door.

"Tell me in the car! I dibs aux by the way." Amy shouted as she bolted out of the front door, leaving it partially open.

Ride by Lana Del Rey blasted throughout the vehicle. The sun beamed down on us as we drove to the location.

"Ok to sum it up, the white lakes mall opened in 1988 and was extremely popular. However, most stores had left by the 2000's because of a newer mall, West Ridge mall had opened and taken the spotlight. Basically, all business left since nobody was coming there anymore. It's been empty for a few years now."

Amy grinned with excitement as i explained where we were going.

"Can we pretty please take some photos outside it?" She pleaded.