chapter eight - one more surprise

We were driving back to the trap house after our camping adventure. It was bittersweet driving further and further away from the site. I had created so many good memories there but it was now time to prepare to go back to Texas.

"We have one more surprise if you two are up for it..." Sam said from the drivers seat

"Of course we are! May as well make our last night worth it." Amy said enthusiastically.

I laughed and shook my head after seeing how happy she was. It was nice seeing her this happy. Maybe a bit too happy tough.

"What are we doing?" I asked

Sam and Colby looked at each other, shaking their heads and smiling. Great, we weren't going to find out were we?

"That's staying a surprise, once again. When we get to the location we will tell you what the dress code is." Colby spoke while turning around, looking at me then at Amy.

Shortly, the sun had set and the lights of LA began to fill the night sky. We pulled into a massive house. There was a gate out the front and palm trees surrounding the house.

"No way..." Amy mumbled, her mouth wide open and her eyes glistening with joy.

I didn't recognise where we were but it was clear Amy knew. Sam put the car in park and we all got out. We grabbed our stuff from the trunk and headed to the front door. Colby pushed open the door.

We were greeted with smiles, balloons and a lot of yelling.

"Welcome to the trap house!" Everyone cheered.

By this point, Amy looked like she could cry from joy. I was still confused but was happy to see the warm welcome we had received.

Everyone huddled over and began to introduce themselves. One by one they pulled Amy and I in for hugs separately. I found out the people in front of me were Aaron, Corey, Jake, Devin, Tara and Katrina, but Kat for short. They were all such lovely people.

We walked over to the living room where Corey had turned on netflix. Sam and Kat were on a big beanbag looking thing. Colby and Jake sat next to each other. Aaron and Jake were on the opposite side of the couch and Amy and I were in the middle of the boys.

The group voted on watching The Conjuring which i thought was a great choice. Maybe because i loved horror but the movie was just really good in general.

After about 40 minutes, everyone had either fallen asleep or ventured off to do their own thing. Amy was upstairs with the girls, Sam and Katrina had fallen asleep, Aaron was upstairs doing something and Jake was cuddled up in a ball on the end of the couch. Colby and I were the only ones that were sort of watching the movie. I picked up my phone and opened up instagram.

 I picked up my phone and opened up instagram

@SamGolbach - 🖤

I admired the connection between the two boys. They were so passionate about what they do and have so much love for each other. It reminds me of Amy and I.