Chapter One

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

That day, In Klaus's and Christy's sunny bedroom, a half empty bottle of bourbon and a small drinking emptied glass is on the nightstand. Klaus lays on the bed, alone, asleep.

- Klaus's Nightmare -

In the RUIN FORTRESS OF IDA, Klaus vamp-sped to Christy's dead body laying on the stone-like altar. He gently lifts her up in his arms, bridal style, and gently sits down on the concrete floor, cradling her in his arms. There's a silt wound with blood on her throat.

"Christy?" Klaus said, biting his wrist and puts it on her mouth. "Christiana?"

Elijah walks up beside him, glumly, knowing that Christy's already dead. "Niklaus?

Klaus becomes teary-eyed, starting to cry softly to himself, not wanting to believe that his wife is dead. "Christiana, please?"

"Niklaus?" Elijah said to his brother, glumly. "I don't hear Christiana's heartbeat."

Klaus gently cups Christy's face with his face. "Chris, wake up. Wake up, Christiana."

Klaus looks at the silt wound on Christy's blood-stained throat and starts crying upon realizing that she's dead.

"Please, don't." Klaus said, in between crying softly. And gently leans his forehead on hers. "Please, don't leave me."

Elijah has tears in his eyes and gently puts a hand on Klaus's shoulder.

- Reality -

The nightmare causes Klaus to wake up a bit frantic, but he composures himself as he slowly sits up straight on the side of the bed.

Klaus looks at the picture frame of himself, Christy, Luna and Trinity small smiling.

Glimpses of Christy goes through his mind as he becomes overwhelmed with emotions.

Pulling himself together, he gets up and walks away.

Klaus slowly walks up to Trinity's bedroom doorway. Luna and Trinity are asleep laying on the bed, with the blanket covering them both.

After checking on his daughters, Klaus slowly walks away.

⚜️⚜️

In the ballroom, Freya is at the table with her map, trying to locate Emperor Junius.

"Has there been anything as of yet?" Elijah asked Freya.

"Not yet." Freya told him. "I've been doing locator spell all morning trying to find Emperor Junius, but to no avail. I can assume that he's off the map."

Elijah and Freya exchange worried looks at each other.

"How is he?" Freya asked Elijah about their brother, Klaus.

"He's unhinged." Elijah told her, worriedly. "He drinks, barely eats anything, and he drinks himself to sleep."

"How's Luna and Trinity?" Freya asked.

"They're asleep." Elijah told her.

Elijah and Freya looks at Klaus as he slowly walks inside the ballroom.

"Niklaus?" Elijah said to his brother, worriedly.

"Has there any leads on Junius?" Klaus asked.

"Nothing as of yet, Marcel has his vampire companions on the lookout for Junius." Elijah said.

"Good." Klaus said, and walks away.