Chapter Eight

HOME ISLAND OF MOUNT ORASANI

The next day, in a dining room with a balcony view, Klaus and Christy are sitting across each other with their plates of breakfast food; scrambled eggs, bacon, and madeleine bread. And with a platter of beignets. A plastic pitcher of orange juice.

 A plastic pitcher of orange juice

{Christy's Outfit}

"I love madeleine bread when I was a little kid." Christy said, eating a small forkful of her scrambled eggs. "I eat my oatmeal with madeleine bread."

"And apparently, you still love madeleine bread." Klaus said, taking a bite out of his beignet.

Klaus and Christy exchange chuckles with each other.

"You're not gonna write again, are you?" Klaus asked.

"Nope. "Beautiful Passion" was my last book." Christy replied.

"I know, but you could write another book if you wanted." Klaus said.

"Yeah, I know." Christy said, taking a bite of her bacon. "Luna and Trinity are here too with the demigods and demigoddess."

"Our daughters has become best of friends with the demigods and demigoddess." Klaus said.

"Yeah." Christy said.

Klaus gently breaks his beignet in half and hands the other half to Christy, who gently takes it in her hand and takes a bite out of it with a small smile.

And Klaus small smiles back at her, taking a bite of his half of beignet.

⚜️⚜️

Afterwards, Christy is on the balcony seat, looking at the morning sky with her feather shawl draped around her shoulders.

Klaus slowly walks up to her with a book he's looking at. "I visited the library and found some pages relating to your premonition."

Christy looks at the book Klaus and looks at the page that says "Tujun, The Elder God of Destruction" on it.

"Tujun. The Elder God of Destruction." Christy said.

"Do you think that Tujun is the cause of the dark gray smoke in your premonition?" Klaus asked, gently handing the opened book.

"I'm not quite sure yet." Christy told her husband, gently taking the book and looks at the page with the information about Tujun. "But I think, maybe, you're right."