FINALE

Something wasn't right. Andre knows it deep inside. After the camp, Steven was the same as he used to.... Like used to, used to.

It's like they were back from how they originally were... co-existing.

"I found a new hobby." He grins at Andre, as he wears his Jersey shirt and carrying his sports bag over one shoulder.

"Soccer." Andre mutters, eyeing him up and down before noticing their beds which was back to its original place. On either side of the room. Something was definitely amiss and he'll get to the bottom of it.

"Yup! I'm surprised I'm actually good at it! You should watch me play! It's really fun!" Even though it's the Steven that he knows, Andre can't pinpoint what exactly is wrong.

Andre lets it be, maybe he's just really into soccer. He knows how passionate he could be with his new-found hobbies but as Andre checks his phone for updates of a certain author, spamming him with I miss yous, and when are you coming back. Days into weeks, weeks became a month. He had enough.

"You don't write anymore?" He blocks Steven's way out

"I still do!" Steven denies. "Just a little burnt out, that's all." Andre stares at him and laughs. "Really! Trust me, it's not about what happened at camp and those two got what they deserved anyway."

Steven didn't care if his works gets known from people who personally knows him albeit sort of awkward, it also isn't inevitable for some people to have the same mindset as those two. The world is fucked up, it's the least surprising really.

"So I guess you don't need me as reference?" Something flickered by Steven's eyes but it was gone before Andre could read it.

"Well, you could play with me as a goalie. That would be helpful." Steven chuckles.

"Ok." Andre shrugs, removing his shirt.

"Wh-what?" Steven sputters, watching Andre change his shirt. Not expecting him to agree.

"I can be the goalie. Did you forget how athletic I am?"

"No you can't!" Steven was surprised how strongly he disagreed.

"Why not?" Andre asks after putting his shirt on.

"Uhm- I mean you can but... you're not a member of the club! You.. you can play with me after the official club meeting but that would be already late so maybe next time?" Steven smiles and tries to go through but Andre side-steps.

"You're avoiding me." Andre stops beating around the bush.

"What? Why would I?"

"Did I do something wrong? Have I gone too far? Did I hurt you unaware? Did I unconsciously force you-"

"God, no! Andre! You didn't hurt me, you didn't do anything wrong!"

"Then why are making me a bypasser?" Steven stills, his heart racing, his eyes tearing.

"You're not... You will never be." Steven croaks a whisper. Andre runs a hand though his hair and rubs his face with his palm. "Then why do you make me feel like it!?"

"Because I'm loosing sight!" Steven screams.

"I'm losing sight of reality Andre! You make me lose sight of reality!" Tears pooled Steven's eyes, unable to stop them.

"Every time I pick up my phone to write, I write you. Every time I re-read what I wrote, I see us." Steven sobs. "But you're real! You're not some character I just write! You have your own life! While I get sucked with my own delusions!"

"I have my own life!" Andre cups Stevens face. Breathing hard. "I have my own life as you say."

Andre wipes Steven's tears as he lets his own fall. "You do know you're not the only guy around me I can strike a deal if I'm just worried contacting a disease having sex? Who do you think is the reason why I got a bruise during freshman?"

Steven blinks in confusion, holding on to to Andre's hand. "You were the first person I met in the University. You were small and easy going but gullible–

"Am not." Steven mumbles in a small voice

"You were different, you like to stand out and others hate you for it. I didn't really know why I had the urge to stand up for you. In Sophomore, I had a girlfriend. A girlfriend I couldn't invite to the dorms cause you're not comfortable with sharing your space to strangers. A girlfriend I ditch on dates when there's a sudden power outage in the area knowing you're such a scaredy cat. A girlfriend who slapped me for choosing to keep my roommate company instead of being with her and suddenly I know why. In Junior year, I chose to stay with you knowing you don't like to be alone, nor do you have close friends you're comfortable rooming with as another option, I chose to stay knowing you'll just brush off any feverish feeling you may have saying it's just a cold, I chose to stay with you with my own will. I offered to be your reference at my own will for you to use in a fictional setting but don't forget what a reference is. It is something you refer to, your source, your basis. If you tell me you're writing me, then you should know how I feel." Andre takes Steven's hand who's wiping his tears and gives his palm a kiss.

"I love you and you love me." Andre captures Steven's lips who tastes sweet and a bit salty from the tears, club practice totally forgotten.

"Wait." Steven pants, resting his forehead against Andre. "I don't remember confessing, how do you know I love you too and why are you so sure?"

Andre grins, "I read your book for reference."

End

A/N: Thank you to everyone who tuned in~ Every comments, likes and shares are very much appreciated 🥰