ii.

( FAYE )

( FAYE )

i keep my eyes fixated on the round table, awaiting the presence of a certain redhead in the vacant chair facing my girlfriend.

she gazes up from her phone every now and then to catch a glimpse of me waiting other tables and shoots a smile my way.

after a few minutes pass by, the sound of joyful greetings could be heard. i avert my gaze to the round table once again and notice the new company.

i walk out from the back, heading towards the two girls as sadie flashes a smile my way.

"hi faye, it's so nice to finally meet you" she puts out her hand, earning an awkward handshake from me. "finn talks about you a lot"

"oh, really?" i offer her a genuine smile "don't believe a word he says, i'm an amazing person"

she lets out a laugh before sitting down on the opposite end of rory. "actually, he says really good things about you"

i furrow my brows, the edge of my lips forming into a smile "oh.. well, i didn't expect that"

"anyways" i grab the pen out my shirt pocket, removing the lid with my teeth "orders?"

"as always" rory chimed while the other pair of blue eyes scanned through the menu.

"and i'll have..." she trailed off, smiling up at me "just give me whichever cake is your favourite with a plain americano"

i nodded, noting down the orders and walking away, leaving the two of them to chat.

- ★ -

anytime my eyes cross over to that table, i can't help but feel uneasy. rory has stopped looking over to me, her eyes being entirely glued on the redhead infront of her.

i'm never one to get jealous, especially not over foolish things like this, but sometimes i find myself feeling a faint sense of insecurity upon seeing rory get too close to her friends.

there have been several times where she's gotten far too close with them, crossing a line to the point where you couldn't label it platonic under any circumstances.

the amount of times she's locked lips with her friends as a "joke" or "dare" is bizarre. anytime i attempt confrontation regarding the topic, she snaps back, labelling me as toxic and overbearing, claiming that it's normal to kiss friends and i'm overreacting or i don't trust her enough.