x.

( FAYE )

( FAYE )

the sun hangs low in the sky, casting a warm golden hue across the park as we stroll along the winding path.

"sades, come on" i groan, my legs lazily guiding me along the grass. "just tell me why we're here already"

with a smile, she places a finger on my lips. "shh, it's a surprise"

the anticipation is driving me wild. my heart races with a mixture of excitement and curiosity as we approach our favorite spot, a small grassy knoll shaded by a majestic oak tree.

my eyes widen once we reach the spot.

before me lays a picturesque scene— a cozy checkered blanket spread out on the grass, adorned with an array of treats. a selection of chocolates, freshly baked bread, an assortment of fruits, and a cooler filled with multiple drinks.

"oh my god, this is so cool! sades-"

my brows furrow as i glance around, not being able to locate the redhead anywhere. "sades?"

sadie, wearing a grin, emerges from behind the tree while holding a bouquet of wildflowers.

"surprise!" she hands me the flowers. "i thought we could have a little picnic date today"

my heart soars at the sight before me. the simple beauty of the scene, combined with sadies thoughtfulness.

i accept the bouquet, my fingers grazing against hers, sending a shiver down my spine.

"sadie, this is amazing" i breathe, my eyes locked on hers with a mixture of gratitude and affection. i place a gentle kiss on her lips as a silent thank you.

— ★ —

the two of us settle on the blanket, each in our own world, basking in the serenity of the moment.

"hey, what's this?" my eyes examine a can that reads googly cola, picking it up from the cooler.

sadie chuckles. "i have no idea, i bought it just so we can try it"

"are you sure this isn't poision?"

"nah, it's googly cola" she nods, receiving a small laugh from my lips.

— ★ —

as we share stories, the world around us seems to fade into the background. the gentle breeze rustles the leaves overhead, occasionally dropping a few near us.