iv.

( FAYE )

( FAYE )

one night at the resort, we find ourselves on a moonlit beach. the soft, rhythmic crash of the waves against the shore providing a soothing background. it was noahs idea to set up a makeshift dance floor in the sand, the warm breeze rustling through our clothes as we move to the music.

as the others dance to the music, terribly may i add, my eyes lock with sadie. neither of us were dancing, just standing around awkwardly.

after a moment passes by, without a word, we stroll towards each other with chuckles and smiles. it feels like an unspoken invitation.

as the distance between us closes, we begin to move in sync, the rhythm of the music guiding our steps. it was definitely awful at first, causing us both to laugh at our skills. within a few moments, though, it was working.

with each sway and twirl, something changed in the air. there was something undeniable forming between us, a magnetic pull that neither of us could ignore. our bodies brushed against each other. the tension was rising again, this time for another reason.

my heart races as i meet her gaze. it was a look filled with desire, longing and uncertainty. our bodies move closer, almost unconsciously, our hands finding each other's waists.

in this moment, dancing under the moonlight, the world around us fades as we just surrender to eachothers touch. my breath hitches as i feel her thumb trace circles on the surface of my skin, tightening her grip on my waist.

as the song comes to an end, we reluctantly step away from each other. our breaths were heavy and our faces flushed. the unspoken tension lingers in the air, leaving me with more complex feelings than i already had.

"guys, i'm gonna go inside. i'm not really feeling well" her soft voice emits, burning a hole into my heart.

while the others grant their goodbyes to her, i find myself stuck where she left me. my mind is filled with thoughts, yet strangely, i can't grasp a single one.

there's no way this can mean anything. i'm not even certain if i still consider her a friend, let alone any other feelings. it's just illogical.

being in her presence only adds to my confusion and that heavy feeling in my chest. maybe i do need space from her, maybe i should continue distancing myself again. there's no chance of me figuring this out unless i receive some time away from her.

— ★ —

three days pass by with no sign of any interaction between me and the redhead. things have returned to the way they were when we first arrived, not even even an unintentional glance exchanged between us.