ii.

( FAYE )

( FAYE )

this morning, he arrived- the unexpected guest, the unwelcome presence that haunts my thoughts.

sadies ex-boyfriend, felix.

he's extremely treasured by sadies parents. the way their smiles beam at the sight of him is evidence.

he shares the festive moments, bearing gifts and gestures that seem to win them over even more than he already has.

in their eyes, he's the one who should be holding her hand, not me.

"he just showed up"

did he? or did you invite him?

i inquired about his sudden holiday appearance, and just when he started forming a sentence, something along the lines of "oh, mrs sink invited-" his leg was kicked beneath the table.

they invited him, but they won't admit it.

they don't like me, they just pretend. their false smiles and feigned kindness betray their true desire. they want sadie back with him.

i wish i could talk to sades about this, but it's not her fault. she believes their lies just as i did, completely unaware of the truth.

until something happens, i can only confide in these pages, where my inked words are the only witnesses to my silent feelings.

- ★ -

"hey, you okay?"

a gentle voice peeks through the doorframe, prompting me to shift my gaze from the window with a silent nod.

she takes a seat on the bed, which is facing the meagre couch i'm sat in.

"they look so happy" i divert her gaze towards a family strolling through the snow-filled streets.

she agrees with a hum before joining me in observing the people in the streets, pondering what it would be like to switch places with them.

the tension in the room is palpable.

neither sadie or i speak, allowing the silence to communicate our thoughts.

until, i release a sigh.

"i think your parents don't like me"

the pair of blue eyes narrow at my words, her lips releasing a soft chuckle. "what do you mean? they love you"