iv.

( FAYE )

( FAYE )

"faye, you can't keep doing this to yourself" finn exclaims, storming into the kitchen.

"i warned you so many times not to get back together with her. you're just setting yourself up for more pain"

i shut the refrigerator door, pivoting to face him.

"listen" i exhale, keeping my voice calm in contrast to his. "i know you won't believe me, but i really think it's different this time"

"how many times do you need to get hurt before you realize that sadie's not good for you?"

i bite the inside of my mouth.

"i appreciate your concern about all this, but this is my life. i know what's best for me"

his frustration boils over, raising his voice.

"your choices are affecting everyone around you, including me! i can't stand by and watch you go through this again and again"

my voice quivers slightly. "well, it's my life! i'll deal with my own consequences"

finn takes a deep breath prior to softening his tone.

"i know it's your life, but i'm your friend, and that's why i care so much. i hate seeing you hurt"

"i need to do this, finn. i can't let fear of pain dictate my life!"

he doesn't respond, and instead stands there with his gaze piercing through me.

i raise my voice once again, the anger reasserting its dominance.

"and you can't just stand there and judge my choices!" i shout with a tornado of frustration.

"you think you know what's best for me, but you can't even begin to understand how i feel! you don't know shit! you've never been through any of this"

"is that so?"

"yeah! and you know what?" i clench my jaw.

"maybe you're just jealous. you can't stand the thought of me being happy with someone when you're a miserable, lonely piece of shit!"

his voice rains down on me with nothing but melancholy. "if that's what you think, sure"

"i wanna be with sadie" my tone turns softer. "and if you can't accept that, then maybe it's best if i just stay away from you"

he doesn't hesitate.

"fine, if that's what you want, then go"

he ascends the staircase, and within seconds, the slam of a door reverberates through the house.