vii.

( FAYE )

( FAYE )

"and infront of the poor cats!" finn starts shaking his head in disappointment, abruptly stopping the gesture as he notices my glare.

"i mean uh... poor you" his fingers run gently through my brunette hair as my head rests on his lap.

the two of us are currently situated on the wooden floor of our living room, devoting ourselves to binging episodes of that 70s show to cope with my confusing girlfriend.

"donna is so pretty" i release a long sigh, keeping my eyes fixed on the screen. "i wish i was eric"

the dark-haired boy responds with a nod and a "hm" prior to gazing downwards at me.

i eventually remove my gaze from the tv screen, reciprocating his gaze. "what?"

"you're into redheads"

i furrow my eyebrows before laughing "i like one redhead, what do you mean"

finn blinks at me, providing me with a "bffr" stare prior to rolling his eyes with a sigh and turning his attention back to the show, leaving me in a confused state.

"i think you should talk to rory soon"

my lips emit a sigh "i know, but i can't bring myself to do it. she's just so unreasonable"

he's silent for a moment before speaking with a low voice.

"well... i mean" he starts "maybe you shouldn't praise sadie that much in your diary thingy. try to write a bit more about rory"

i furrow my brows again "i do write about rory"

"no, i mean write good things"

i can't help but snicker, even though i know that he's right. "i'll try that"

- ★ -

"so, faye..." marcus starts, striding towards me with an enthusiastic expression. "do you, by any chance, have sadies number?"

i squint my eyes at the eager boy before handing my phone over to him. "do what you will and just leave me alone"

he raises his brows at my tone "damn, okay"

a sigh is released from my lips before i speak up again "sorry, i don't feel good today. i might have to ask shane for an early leave"

"again?" he frowns. "you've left work early like 30 times this week. you're gonna piss him off"

i say nothing, receiving a look of worry from marcus. "is everything good faye?"

"it's just..." i contemplate on whether or not i should share personal details with my coworker. he and i are fairly close, considering he's one of the very first people i personally came out to.

he awaits whatever i'm about to say, before we both flinch at the sudden sound of glass shattering.

"no!!!" a high pitched shriek is heard, we hide our laughs as we glance towards the customer who knocked their drink over.

"i'll handle it" he chuckles, patting my back prior to walking away.

- ★ -

i step into the comfort of my room, closing the door behind me. a gasp exits my mouth as a sudden voice is audible.

"you're back early"

i release a sigh, taking notice to rory sitting on my bed. i affix my palm to my chest, feeling my elevated heart rate. "jesus, stop startling me like that" i lean against the doorframe.

a giggle emerges from the blonde as she walks over to me, smiling and pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. she leans in closer, her thumb brushing against my lower lip, flooding me with her doe-eyed gaze.

i feel my heart rate increase before she speaks up "i wanted to... apologise... i was wro-"

those words are enough for me to give in, immediately crashing my lips onto hers, feeling her smile into the kiss. one of my hands makes it's way under her shirt, well, my shirt that she 'borrowed' and never returned. the other runs through her hair, tugging at it to hear her gasp within the kiss.

she pulls away, shooting me a suggestive look through her eyes. "finns not home, right?"

my face heats up more at her implication, a smile creeping onto my face. "just us, my love"

her eyes drift down at my lips before pulling me in, kissing me for a moment and then diverting her lips towards my neck. i let out small breaths as she leaves slight marks with her teeth, proceeding to move down to my collarbones, while her fingers attempt to undo the buttons on my white collared shirt.

my fingers run through her golden locks in a gentle manner, disentangling the knots as her head lays on my chest. her fingers are laced within my hair as well, staring up at me with the doe eyes that just make me weak at the knees, feeling free from all the troubling thoughts that were haunting me just moments ago.

a wide grin makes it's way onto my lips before i grab her face, attacking it with kisses on every spot. "stop!" she chuckles.

she shoves my face away with a hand as i snort in a laugh. i clutch her hand, interlocking her fingers within mine.

and this very moment, was the happiest i'd be for a while.

★ authors note ,,

rory kindaaaa... 🤭🤭🤭