v.

( FAYE )

( FAYE )

amidst the motel rooms dim glow, sadie and i bustle around attempting to become the picassos of doing makeup.

i hold a plain, sleek black dress against myself. "is this too much?"

sadie grins like a cheshire cat and puts down her mascara wand. "way too much, how dare you"

i roll my eyes. "thanks"

i drape the dress on the bed like an artwork before confronting my nemesis: liquid eyeliner.

it squirms and slithers away from my aim, leaving jagged lines. "why does eyeliner hate me?" i groan.

"let me try" the redhead chuckles.

she steadily applies it on me, causing me to grin. "eyeliner kneels before you"

a slight smile grazes her lips. "yes it does"

it's not until i open my eyes that i realise how close our faces are. there's merely a gap remaining, her warm breath grazing my skin.

neither of us move. her eyes trail down to my lips, and back to my eyes.

then, the phone rings; fitting to my luck.

"hi!" the familiar voice beams through the telephone.

i recognise it immediately, the clerk.

"oh, hello!" i grin, receiving a puzzled glance from sadie. i mouth clerk towards her.

"sorry for calling so late. i wanted to say, if you have time while you're here, maybe we could go out sometime? i was gonna ask earlier but-"

"ofcourse!" i interrupt, waving my hands around with enthusiasm, leading sadie to mouth a what? at me.

"great! so, i was thinking we could check out this nightclub tomorrow, it's pretty nearby"

i almost gasp, mouthing can i invite her to sadie, rolling my eyes when she just lays me another confused stare.

"actually, uh, wait... what's your name?" i nervously chuckle.

a laugh is heard from the other end of the line. "elysia"

"elysia... we're actually heading to the club tonight, would you wanna maybe join us?"

sadie raises her brows.

"oh... yes! yeah, i would love to" the girls smile is audible.

"great! okay" i attempt not to squeal, prompting sadie to scoff.