ii.

( SADIE )

( SADIE )

i remain seated on the beige furniture, refraining from biting my nails as i listen in on the conversation audible from the kitchen.

"you could've atleast asked me first" finn drops his head into his hands, sighing.

"i'm sorry! i'm not very good with these type of things" noah defends.

"then what on earth made you do it?!" caleb adds, pacing back and forth around the kitchen.

"okay, guys, can we not put too much on noah" millie inquires, patting the top of his head. "maybe he's right? i mean, if it wasn't for rory lying to sadie then she would never have gone through with it"

finn furrows his brows. "wait- what do you mean?"

"rory told sadie that faye broke up with her before she came onto her" the brunette girl states. "she got into sadies head with all that bullshit"

finn nods, steadily starting to understand. "okay, but it still doesn't make it right what she did"

"i know, i'm not saying it does" millie starts. "i just think that they can try again. sadie can apologise, faye can forgive her, and they can live happily ever after" the girl chimes.

a smile graces my lips upon hearing millies comment. however, regret gnaws at me for how badly i hurt faye. my actions, though unintentional, were a huge betrayal of her trust.

i understand why she doesn't wish to speak to me, i wouldn't either. but at the same time, what i want more than anything is for us to be able to talk again. i miss our conversations, i miss what we had.

after what happened with rory, my mind was consumed by doubts about the decision i made and the potential consequences to come. it hadn't hit me until i left that rory could be lying, that maybe she's just cheating on faye.

— ★ —

( FAYE )

i twist the handle, taking a step back as the door swings open and immediately shuts back on its own. letting out a sigh, i reopen it, staring at finn.

"oh yeah, i forgot to tell you, gravity doesn't exist here" finn grins.

i chuckle before making a dash for the bed and leaping onto it. "mines more comfortable, loser"