Comfortable.? #12

AU note: Hey guys! There will be very slow updates for ceo since school started for me. Please be patient with me, thank you!!

_______
- Mingyu pov.

"What do you want to eat, y/n?" I ask her while I'm grabbing two aprons.

"To be honest, I just want something sweet." she starts cleaning the mess in the kitchen that was left from Jun.

"So like cookies or cupcakes?." as I put on my apron.

"I want cookies mr.kim." she looks at me.

"You know, you don't need to call me mr.kim y/n." as I help with her to clean.

"Sorry, mr.kim.. I mean mingyu. It's just you're my boss." she laughs. I look at her, "It's okay y/n."

We chat for a bit while we clean. Few minutes, we're done cleaning. I handed her a apron, "I'll get the stuff out we need."

I grab the stuffs we need to bake the cookies. Then, I get a phone call.

"Hold on, y/n." she nods and grabs my phone out of my pocket, walking out of the kitchen.

"yes?"

______
- Y/N pov.
Watch him as he walks out of the kitchen and leans against the counter, waiting for him.

It's crazy that I'm talking to mingyu this much. I've never thought I will actually talk to him as I laugh to myself.

I sighs and look around the kitchen.
I see a small frame portrait stand on the counter, taking a closer look but a large hand place on my shoulder.

Making me jump a bit and quickly turned around, it's mingyu. "Oh my god, you scared me."

He chuckles, "I'm sorry." removing his hand from my shoulder.

"hm, I guess you were looking at this." he grabs the portrait thats behind me, as he show me the picture to me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to look at that."

"What do you mean? The portrait is here out in the kitchen am I right? I would never want to hide this picture to myself."

I nod and laughs.

"It's just a family portrait." he smiles at the picture.

"Wow, your family is beautiful." I look at him.

"Aw, you're saying that I'm beautiful?" he teases me and I shake my head. "Shut up."

My eyes wide because what I said.
Quickly covering my mouth and mingyu just laughs, "It's okay." as he pats my shoulder, returning the portrait back in the place.

removing my hands off my mouth, "Sorry! I didn't mean-" he cuts me off, "I said, it's okay right?"

I nods, "come on, cheer up and let's make your cookies."

Few minutes passed.

Music is playing on a speaker that's on the kitchen counter. The song that's playing right now is "spin you around" by Rocco. While the song is playing, me and Mingyu are cutting out the dough with a cookie cutter. We got some cute designs on the cookies and some of them we just left the dough be a circle.

"So.. y/n." as he starting to finish cutting the dough. I hummed to response to him, looking at him.

"Do you feel comfortable around me?" he asking shyly.

Honestly, when I hear that question it made me think about it. I never thought about it if I feel comfortable or not.. Well, I don't mind being around him but outside of work or at work, I don't know. Like, right now hanging out with him, baking cookies with my boss is surprising. It's just that the accident in the club is embarrassing.

"I don't know.." my answer made mingyu tilt his head in confusion.

"Sorry, let me explain myself I guess.?" he nods.

"Like I don't mind being around with you outside or in at work. It's just that I feel that awkward atmosphere whenever we're together you know? I don't if it's just me but ever since the club just made it weird. I know we didn't do anything weird and stuff.. But imagine your boss seeing you at the club, throwing up and had to bring her to your place.." I laugh.

"Im not saying, Im not comfortable around you. I just have to get use to be around you more often. Honestly, I think I'll get use to it soon just how friendly you are." smiling brightly to him.

He smiles me back and the songs change, playing.. "falling behind" by Laufey.

Somehow the atmosphere is changing.? It doesn't feel that awkward.

"I just want to make sure I'm not making you comfortable."

- End of chapter 12.