Mates? - Part 6

"What's up?" I asked him.

"Nothing, just wanted some alone time. I've been busy the past few days and you've been getting back to your school grind." he smiled, cupping my cheek.

"I'm almost done, just one more semester and I'll be a licensed OTA."

"My luna ..." he muttered and the pride I could hear in his voice humbled me.

"So, when's your ceremony?" I asked as we started to walk.

"It's two weeks from today."

"That's awesome."

"I want you to be part of the ceremony." he said and I stopped cold.

"What? Me? Why?"

"You're my mate, my Luna. I want you to be there when I accept the mantle." he said, turning to stand in front of me and cupping my cheek again.

"I ... I'd be honored." I smiled, getting on my toes to press my lips to his.

"Cassidy ..." he groaned.

"Later." I whispered, pulling him along.

"You've been playing with fire lately, Cass." he said, wrapping his arm around me and pressing me to his chest.

"You enjoy being teased, alpha Roman." I smiled.

"I do but soon enough ... I'm gonna be the one teasing you until you can't take it." he whispered in my ear, making my whole body shudder and making him smile. "Just like that baby."

"You're terrible." I whispered, making him laugh.

We've been at this game for the past week and a half. Flirting and slowly building the sexual tension between us I don't know when it's going to consume both of us but I sense it happening soon. Nico and Kaysin are ready to have at each other and so are their human counterparts. We are just never alone ... ever. It's either Austin tagging along or his sister, the twins, or even the alpha Sika and Luna Patricia.

"Takes two to tango. Go to dinner with me tonight." he suddenly said.

"What?"

"Will you go to dinner with me tonight?"

"I'd love to. Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." he smiled, leaning down to press his lips to mine softly, quickly.

"Okay, secrets."

"7pm?" he asked.

"Yeah, that sounds fine." I smiled.

"Okay, I've gotta go fix some last minute details and ..."

"So sure I was gonna say yes?" I laughed.

"Not at all but I wanted to have everything in place for if you did."

"See you later."

"Cass, wear something pretty for me." he said.

"Maybe ..."

I walked away from him but I knew he was watching.

"Baby, I hate to see you leave but I love to watch you walk away." he called out, making some of the passing guards laugh.

As I showered, I heard my room door open and smiled as my friend walked into the bathroom.

"So you're going on a date with my brother?" Sasha said.

"Yeah, you know what the plan is?" I asked.

"Nope, he wouldn't tell me because he knew I'd tell you. However, he did send me here with something for you."

"Sent you with what?" I asked, poking my head out of the shower.

There was an arrangement of flowers sitting on my bathroom counter with roses, sunflowers, and other smaller, colorful flowers as well. I couldn't help the smile and Sasha smiled too.

"What should I wear?"

"The copper dress with the nude heels, your hair up in a messy, cute, wavy look." she said.

"Okay, that sounds good."

"Are you nervous?"

"I am, is that dumb?"

"Why would it be dumb? I've known Austin all my life and I was still nervous when he took me out the first time." she admitted.

"When he took you to the bay restaurant?" I asked.

"Yeah, it was a little stiff at first because both of us were nervous. Then we both laughed about how stuffy we both were and it was so much fun."

"You think Roman is nervous?"

"He's so fucking nervous it's hilarious and I'm loving it. It's so weird how both of our mates are each other's brothers but at the same time it's not." she sighed softly.

"It is for me."

"Yeah, cause you didn't want a mate to begin with and you didn't really care for my brother." she laughed.

"That's true. Sasha, you hear anything about the rogues?"

"Nope, they won't talk about it around me. They're trying to get anything, that much I do know, and they're not finding much." she sighed.

"Well, let's get ready." I said, wrapping the towel around my body and getting out.

"You wearing the pretty lingerie?" she asked, winking at me.

"Did you?"

"I did." she said, blushing deeply.

"And did my brother see it? I don't wanna know that ... but I do. So, did he see it?" I asked.

"He's my mate ... but no, he didn't see it."

"Sasha?"

"He didn't! But he did on the second date." she said, making me laugh.

I got dressed and Sasha helped me do my hair and makeup before going to Austin's room for the night. Roman was in the living room when I walked downstairs and his eyes widened comically when he saw me.

"You like?" I asked, stepping in front of him.

"I fucking love." he replied, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me against his chest.

"You don't say." I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Since when are you this much of a temptress?" he asked, nuzzling my neck.

"The more you know." I said, looking up when he cupped my cheek.

"Definitely more I know." he muttered, pressing his lips to mine.

"Mmm ..."

"You're not helping my restraint." he groaned.

"Sorry?" I giggled when his grip tightened around me.

"Let's go." he muttered, kissing me again, softly.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise, but we're going in town so get a jacket just in case you get cold." he told me.

"Okay ..."

I walked into the hall closet and grabbed a beige jacket that fell almost to my knees. It has been chilly lately and I appreciate the notice. Roman took the jacket from me and helped me put it on before we left. I've seen his car, truck, the man loves his truck and so does my brother but I don't understand men's obsession with it. He did open the door for me in a very gentlemanly way. Let's see how tonight goes.