Tribal Chief (2)

"You should leave." I told them.

"Kailani ... please, we need to talk. I want to see her, we all want to see her." Leati insisted.

"We do not need to talk. Lili doesn't want to see you. Right now, she's not interested in meeting you, and I won't let you force her to be around you."

"Why doesn't she want to see me? What did you tell her?" he demanded.

"Son, yelling is not the way." Sika said.

"She's a smart girl, and she hears all the gossip that is spoken whether I want her to or not. She's heard me talking to Maggie about what happened. My daughter ..."

"Our daughter." he interrupted.

"My daughter is aware that you didn't know I was pregnant when you left. She is also aware that you didn't give me a chance to tell you that I was pregnant. I didn't know that she knew that last part. She was told, ever since she started asking about you, that you just weren't on the island. You had things you needed to work on, and you couldn't do it here. That's what you told me, anyway. She's angry at you and your family and has every right."

"I need to explain to her ... to both of you."

"I'm not interested in your explanations. I won't stop you two from having a relationship if and when she wants that, but I won't let you force her. You'll have to wait until she's ready." I told him.

"Kailani, I'm so sorry." he sighed.

"No, you're not." I said, chuckling dryly.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Lisa asked.

"Exactly what I said. He's not sorry ... don't look at me like that, you're not sorry. What you're feeling is some sort of guilt, I'm assuming. God knows how long you've been here, and you didn't reach out. You left me and weren't man enough to actually break up with me and leave the right way. You didn't reach out over the years. You're not sorry about what you did, you're upset that you got caught. You're sad that it's costing you a potential relationship with your child. One of your children, I don't know what's become of you, and I'm not interested in finding out. Don't fake your feelings with me because I don't care. Now please leave my house." I sighed.

"Kailani ..."

"Son, let's go." Sika said.

"Sika, you can't be serious! We need to have a conversation." Lisa argued.

"No, you don't need to talk. Everything that needed to be said was said in your silence for the past 12 years. My child does not owe you anything." Mom said.

"Is our friendship ever going to be the same?" Lisa asked her.

"No, it's not." Mom replied.

"How can we make up time if you won't speak to me?" Leati asked.

"Make-up time? Why would I want to do that?" I asked, flabbergasted.

"What do you mean?"

"Please don't tell me that you expected ..."

"I came back to find you." He stated and I can't believe it.

"No."

"No?" The three of them chorused in shock.

"No. Why would you even expect that to work? You left me! You walked away from me ... from us! I don't want to get back together with you, I'm not going to. The arrogance of you to assume that I would." I argued.

"You haven't been dating anyone and ..."

"You kept tabs on me?" I demanded.

"Yes, I've been keeping tabs on you. I watched out for you over the years, but no one told me about a child." he angrily stated.