Hold Onto Me (2)

SOLO

I just stood there as my fiance walked out of the house. In shock ... surprise ... fear ... pain? I don't know. Nadia is the love of my life, but could I have chosen her over my family ...

"If you don't go after her, I swear ..." Galina angrily stated.

"No, let her leave." Roman said and I could feel my anger growing.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Trinity angrily asked.

"Mind your place. Look at what your girl has done, Solo. She's turning our family against us." Roman stated.

"You're the one making us turn away from you." Takeisha said.

"Kiesha!" Jey scolded.

"No, this was way out of pocket, even for him. Solo, if you don't go after her ...

As she spoke, Nadia put my car keys in the mailbox and got into the Uber she ordered. I feel like I can't breathe, my heart is about to race out of my chest.

"I've lost all respect for you. For both of you." Galina said.

"What? Why me?" Her husband asked.

"You've lost the respect and love you had for your family. You care more for the career, the reputation, the character, more than you care about us. She loves that man even though he clearly doesn't love her. She loves him, and look at how to do them!"

"She doesn't belong with us! She doesn't have the personality or looks we need in this family. Doesn't have the schooling, knowledge, or experience in living a life like ours."

"She's a fucking college graduate! She's a fucking editor at ..." Galina started arguing.

"At one of the biggest publishing companies in Florida. Looks? She's fucking gorgeous and cleans up just as well as we do." Takeisha continued.

"Personality? She's got that in spades and has been toning it down to be respectful whenever you're around. Solo, the fact that we're arguing all of this and not you, shows us that you don't really love her." Trinity finished.

"I love her." I muttered.

"Then man the hell up and go after her." Galina said.

"No! He did what was best for the family. Do not go after her." Roman roared.

"You are the problem with our family." Galina told her husband, walking out of the room.

"If you really let him tell you what to do with your personal life, you're not the man I thought you were." Trinity said.

"Figure out just how important that woman is to you because you're not going to find another one like her. Be a fucking man for the woman who loves you. If you can't give her all of you, then it is best for you just to let her go." Takeisha said.

The attacked feeling is taking over, but it's my fucking fault.

"I love my fiance." I growled.

"Uce, calm down." Josh said.

"I can't ... I can't fucking calm down. I don't know what to do here." I said, rubbing my hands over my face.

"There's your answer. If you're that confused about what the right course of action is, just let her go. That means Nadia isn't important to you." Trinity said.

"Babe!" Jon said, trying to get her to stop.

"I've gotta go home and talk to her." I muttered.

"Don't fuck this up. You know where your loyalties lie." Roman said.