6

Gabriella sat across from Taylor in a booth at the back of the restaurant. She had Mateo close and gently messed with his curls. Taylor watched how loving and gentle she was with him. It was a different side you didn't always see from an opponent in the ring. Everyone is always guarded and rough. But she had a very gentle but protective aura about her.

Mateo took a sip of his drink and noticed Taylor staring at him. She was always so confident yet his little stare alone made her feel more intimidated than any opponent ever did. He was a unique little opponent for her. "So you're the fighter who kills people?" He asked. Taylor seemed slightly surprised, "Who said that?" She asked. "The people on the tv. They said you kill people in fights." He said.

"Mateo." Gabriella mumbled and lightly squeezed his arm. Taylor softly laughed, "No, it's okay." She said. "If I killed people in the ring, I would be in jail." She clarified. "Do you want to fight my mom?" He asked. Taylor glanced up at Gabriella and stared at her for a moment and looked back at him. "Your mom and I are just friends." Taylor said.

"Friends don't fight." He said. "They can." Taylor replied. "But why would you fight your friend?" He asked. Taylor thought about it for a moment and was interrupted by the waitress setting down everyone's plates. "Thank you." Taylor said as the waitress nodded and walked off. Mateo excitedly stated at his plate of chicken tenders. "You really like chicken tenders don't you?" Taylor asked.

Mateo nodded as he chewed. "They're my favorite too." Taylor smiled. "Do you want one?" He asked. Gabriella softly laughed and poked around at the food on her plate. "I'm good. Next time." Taylor smiled and ate her food.

Taylor looked at Gabriella and watched her silently eat her food. "He's a cute kid." Taylor said. "That he is." Gabriella replied. "He's your son so it makes sense." Taylor said. Gabriella looked at her unamused but with a small smile on her lips. "You're corny." She replied. "Is that a crime?" Taylor softly laughed. Gabriella playfully rolled her eyes.

"So Mateo, have you ever seen your mom fight?" Taylor asked. He shook his head and finished chewing. "She doesn't let me." He said. "But I really want to see a fight." He replied."Why don't you come to one of mine?" Taylor suggested. Mateo's eyes lit up, "Really?" He asked. Gabriella slightly glared at her. "Can we mom, please?" Mateo begged. "I don't know baby." Gabriella said.

"I'd love to have you there." Taylor said. Gabriella glared at Taylor giving her a look that let her know she wasn't making this any easier for her. "I have a private suite. You're more than welcome to enjoy the fight from there." Taylor offered. "Please mom?" Mateo begged. Gabriella sighed, "When?" She asked. "Next Saturday. I'll set you up with back stage access, security, everything." Taylor said. "Chicken tenders?" Mateo asked. "Of course, you can't forget those." Taylor smiled. He smiled.

"Fine." Gabriella replied. "You'll come?" Taylor asked. "Sure." Gabriella nodded. "But I'm doing it for him." She said. "Thank you mommy." He smiled and hugged her. "You should stop by my gym while I'm training and come train with me. I may teach you a thing or two." Taylor smirked. "I'm sorry, who pinned who again?" Gabriella asked.

"That wasn't a fair match." Taylor said. "Not my fault, you still lost." Gabriella shrugged and ate her food. "I went easy on you." Taylor argued. "Sure you did." Gabriella smirked. Taylor huffed in frustration and ate her food in silence.

--

Gabriella got Mateo in the car and looked back as Taylor stood by and waited. "So you'll stop by the gym?" Taylor asked. "Ambushing me like that in front of my son today wasn't fair." Gabriella said. "I wasn't trying to ambush you. I really do want you to come to one of my fights." Taylor replied. "Why?" Gabriella asked.

"I have my team at every match but It would be nice to have the extra support from the sidelines." Taylor shrugged. "And the dozens of fans there to watch you?" Gabriella asked. "I love them. But having friends and family there is a different level of comfort and support." Taylor said. "Since when are we friends?" Gabriella asked. "I think it's fair to say we're friends now." Taylor shrugged. Gabriella stood with her arms crossed and slightly laughed. "Whatever." She replied.

"So training?" Taylor asked. "I'll think about it." Gabriella replied. Taylor held her hand out. Gabriella stared at it confused. "I need to give you my number somehow." Taylor said. Gabriella took her phone out and gave Taylor her phone. Taylor typed in her number and texted herself. "Here." She gave Gabriella her phone back. "I'll text you the details...if you care to even come. It was nice meeting your son, by the way." Taylor gave her a soft smile and walked off. Gabriella stared at her phone, a small smile wanted to creep up on her lips. She tucked her phone away before getting into car.