17

Taylor stayed back home with Mateo while Gabriella had her match today. Taylor sat with him at the table while he did homework. She was keeping updates on the fight off her phone. Mateo looked over at her, "Can we watch mom's fight?" Mateo asked. Taylor locked her phone and looked at him. "How about you get finished with homework and we order pizza for dinner?" Taylor suggested.

Mateo frowned, "Why can't I watch her fight?" He asked. Taylor sighed, "She doesn't want you watching her fights." She replied. "But she let me watch yours. Why can't I watch hers?" He asked. "That's different." Taylor replied. "How?" He asked. "Because watching someone you don't really know is different than watching someone you really care about. You don't want to see the people you care about get hurt." Taylor explained.

"But I care about you and I don't want to see you get hurt." Mateo replied. Taylor faintly smiled. He continued doing his homework. "I like watching you." Mateo replied. "You do?" Taylor asked. Mateo nodded and looked up, "It's like watching a superhero fight." He smiled. "I think that's the best compliment someone has ever given me." Taylor laughed.

Mateo softly smiled and continued to do his homework. "Sometimes I wish I was that strong and could fight." He said. "How come?" Taylor asked. He stopped writing for a moment and looked at her. "Because dad hurts mom." He said. Taylor's smile dropped. "But if I was strong I could help her. But I can't." He said. He looked down at his paper and slid it to Taylor. "Can you check my homework please?" He asked. Taylor faintly smiled and nodded.

--
Taylor sat on the couch waiting for Gabriella to come home. She couldn't stop thinking about what Mateo said. She was always so afraid of him ever seeing her get hurt. But he was already seeing her get hurt in a completely different way and never said a thing just so she could believe she was still keeping him safe.

She heard the front door unlock and footsteps approach. Taylor stood up as Gabriella tiredly approached. She cupped her face and carefully examined the small cut on her eyebrow. "Did you get hurt?" Taylor asked. Gabriella shook her head. "It's just a small cut. I was bleeding a little, but I'm fine." Gabriella replied and pulled her face away.

"Where's Mateo?" Gabriella asked. "He's sleeping." Taylor replied. "He asked to watch your fight." She said. "You didn't let him did you?" Gabriella asked. "No." Taylor replied. Gabriella sighed with relief. Taylor stared in silence, all she could focus on was the cut on Gabriella's face. "What?" Gabriella asked.

Taylor shook her head and looked off. "Why are you acting weird?" Gabriella questioned. Taylor silently stared at her for a moment. "Damien hasn't come around lately." Taylor said as she sat on the arm rest of the couch. "You're around more often. He doesn't like witnesses." Gabriella replied. "Then what about your last relationships? Did he stay away?" Taylor asked.

"Those never lasted. He either threatened them and hurt them or scared them off with Mateo." Gabriella replied. "Why would Mateo scare them off?" Taylor asked. "They didn't want to deal with the 'baggage' and left after they found out." Gabriella shrugged. "He hasn't tried that with me." Taylor replied. "I think he considers you more of a threat than the others." Gabriella replied. "Why?" Taylor asked. "You don't run away from a fight and Mateo wasn't enough to scare you off." Gabriella replied, "But I'd be lying if I said his absence hasn't made me concerned."

"Don't tell me you miss that idiot." Taylor glared. Gabriella shook her head, "No, I mean the fact that he hasn't been around like he used to. I'd like to think maybe he met his match and won't step foot in here again but I can't help but feel like he's planning something and I just don't know what." She replied. "Maybe he's just off with some new fling like always." Taylor shrugged. "Maybe." Gabriella sighed.

Taylor pulled her in by the belt loop on her jeans. Gabriella sat on her lap and wrapped her arm around her neck. "I'm glad you're back home safe." Taylor whispered and lightly rubbed her thigh. Gabriella leaned her head against Taylor's and sighed. "I'm sore and exhausted." Gabriella said. Taylor softly kissed Gabriella's neck. "I could help relieve some of it if you let me." Taylor softly smirked.

Gabriella slightly pulled away and looked down at Taylor, "Mateo's sleeping." Gabriella whispered. "Muffle yourself with a pillow." Taylor shrugged. Gabriella's cheeks flushed red. "So?" Taylor asked teasing the zipper on Gabriella's jeans and staring at her lips. Gabriella looked back toward the stairs and back at Taylor. "Fine but we can't wake him." Gabriella whispered. Taylor smiled and lifted Gabriella in her arms and carried her upstairs.

--
Gabriella slowly opened her eyes and looked over to see Taylor soundly sleeping. She softly smiled and slipped out of bed. She made her way into the bathroom and froze in front of the mirror. There was light bruising on her hips from Taylor's hands and a trail of love bites along her torso from Taylor's lips.

She stared at the bruises in the mirror. Most of the bruises she ever got came from pain. But these came from pleasure. She never realized the different levels there were to it. There was the bruising you get from self-inflicted pain, the bruising you get from the pain others inflict on you, and now there was the bruising you receive from a lover's tight grip in a moment of pleasure. It was new to her. They weren't the prettiest but they didn't hurt like others.

Taylor slowly approached from behind and wrapped her arms around Gabriella's waist. She pulled her body back against hers and softly kissed her shoulder. "Come back to bed." Taylor softly spoke. Gabriella continued to stare at the mirror. Taylor looked at her through the mirror. "What are you staring at?" Taylor asked. "The only bruising I've ever gotten came from pain." Gabriella said. Taylor glanced down at the small bruising on Gabriella's hips. "I think you're the only person who's never purposely hurt me." She softly spoke. Taylor stayed silent for a moment and kissed the side of Gabriella's head. "Come back to sleep." She softly whispered and led Gabriella back to bed.